Tikka build—add weight to factory stock or buy new stock?

willfrye027

I'm having a fast twist 25-06 built right now from a tikka donor and I'm trying to decide what to do for the stock. It's going to be my long range deer gun, topped with a SWFA 3-9. I have other factory tikka stocks that I have no problem with. But for this build, I'd like the rifle to finish at around 9.5 pounds to make it easier shooting at distance. Factory stock will finish too light...and also may be off balance with the 26in #3 Douglass barrel.

My smith can add some weight to the factory stock and bed it for minimal cost. Alternative is to buy a different stock...possibly the B and C m40 which has a little higher comb and more heft to it. Anybody try weighing down a tikka stock? Thoughts?

You might as well get a new stock that fits all your parameters and balances well. That way you have exactly what you want from the get go. I have not tried to weigh down any of my Tikka stocks.

Check out the KRG Bravo at about 3 lbs and see if that would get to your desired weight. Will you be adding a bi-pod also? There are several after market stocks for the Tikka so you should be able to find one that fits your needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.