Tikka 308 help!

Don't waste anymore time and money. Also, don't send it back to Beretta USA either For evaluation. All they will do is take your money and say nothing is wrong. This has been my experience with Tikka, which I will never own another factory rifle of this kind or any other...you never know if you are going to get a lemon.

Well, I have a tikka 7mm mag that shoots great. So not going to bash the brand, but certainly disappointed so far. Had some factory stuff that shot pretty good. Just trying to get her to like a nice hand load!! Think it's like my kids when they were small. VERY picky eaters. Anyway, with all that is going on today, my 308 issue is pretty insignificant. I will find something! Thx all.

What type of accuracy are you getting and what do you expect? Is your action bedded? Barrel free floated? Have you tried changing action screw torque while shooting? Does your barrel foul excessively? Does your stock flex and hit the barrel when firing? Have you checked run out on a fired case? is it possible the chamber mis-aligned? Just some things to try/check.

I've got 2 Tikka's, the 1st one shot under 1/2 moa in the very 1st round of load development.

The other shoots close to the same with the exact same ammo.

Both rifles were shot from the start in aftermarket stocks though.

The 1st one is in a KRG & 2nd has an upgraded titanium recoil lug/pillars/bdm in a boyds laminate.

You may have got a dud but I doubt it as thier QA is pretty good.

What actual model is it & what stock is it????

Regardless I would be possibly looking at bedding & recoil lug upgrade to start.

If you're going to upgrade the recoil lug, you should also true the front of the action, or better yet, blueprint the action. Then you need to re-set headspace by setting the barrel back and re-cutting the chamber. After that, you may find out that what you really have is a marginal barrel. JMHO

If you're going to upgrade the recoil lug, you should also true the front of the action, or better yet, blueprint the action. Then you need to re-set headspace by setting the barrel back and re-cutting the chamber. After that, you may find out that what you really have is a marginal barrel. JMHO

This is NOT a Rem 700......

My Tikka .308 absolutely prefers 150gn class bullets. While I can dial in a respectable 165gn load, it'll shoot the lights out with Varget and most anything 150gn.

Well, I would be pretty disappointed in Tikka if all I could shoot well was smaller grain bullets. Will try other powders like 4895. Hoping something comes together.

Sometimes to sacrifice 15 to 18gn for incredible accuracy ends up not so disappointing, especially when you harvest game cleanly.

You could try 4166 as an option as well. I've heard some having good success with it. I have some on hand but have not tried it in my 308 yet.

Have you tried FGMM 168 grain Sierra match kings ? I have had excellent results with this factory load in 6 different Tikka .308 lite rifles. If all torgue specs are good and the scope is a proven item, you should be good to go.Im not sure where you are located but if you cant find them local they are available on line good luck keep us posted.ps if you are in Texas let me know I'd be glad to help you with your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.