Tikka 300wm to a 7saum question about the clip and barrel length.

Vol1975

rebarraling my Tikka 300wm to a 7 saum.
custom reamer being made to shoot bullets 160-180 weight. Strictly a hunting gun.
question I have is about the clip. Does the 300wm clip work fine for the 7mm saum bullets and length or will the 300 wm old clip need replaced or modified. Any thoughts..

also for the 7saum. Thinking of a 21 inch barrel. Any thought on the barrel length.

Your long action magazine will feed the 7 saum just fine.

I personally run a 22'' 7 SAUM.

You'll be happy with that barrel length - especially if you plan to run suppressed!

Your long action magazine will feed the 7 saum just fine.

I personally run a 22'' 7 SAUM.

You'll be happy with that barrel length - especially if you plan to run suppressed!
Thanks for the reply. Just read some articles where some talked about feeding issues With certain clips.
not running Suppressed. Will be strictly a 600 yard and in gun. Mostly an all purpose gun. Everyday hunter as one would say. . .

Thanks for the reply. Just read some articles where some talked about feeding issues With certain clips.
not running Suppressed. Will be strictly a 600 yard and in gun. Mostly an all purpose gun. Everyday hunter as one would say. . .

Worst case scenario you have to pick up a mountain tactical magazine.

We have had LOTS of customers use factory LA mags to feed WSM/SAUMS/6.5 PRC.

Is your tikka a T3 or a T3X?
Worst case scenario you have to pick up a mountain tactical magazine.

We have had LOTS of customers use factory LA mags to feed WSM/SAUMS/6.5 PRC.
I think from what I've read is that some of the earlier T3 LA Magnum cases won't quite fit/feed the fatter SAUM case, but all new current LA Magnum mags should work just fine.

Is your tikka a T3 or a T3X?

I think from what I've read is that some of the earlier T3 LA Magnum cases won't quite fit/feed the fatter SAUM case, but all new current LA Magnum mags should work just fine.
It's a t3 LA. Gun is maybe 8 years old. I know the 7saum brass will fit in the clip. My understanding was that some had feeding issues. maybe had to play with the clip some on having it feed right. i was hoping to find some people who done a build off a 300 wm tikka and converted to a 7 saum and tell me there experiences. I dont think it's going to be a problem with what I've played around with it but I want know until the barrel is changed out.
anyway thanks

any Advice on barrel length Any body. I'm thinking 21-22 inch

It's a t3 LA. Gun is maybe 8 years old. I know the 7saum brass will fit in the clip. My understanding was that some had feeding issues. maybe had to play with the clip some on having it feed right. i was hoping to find some people who done a build off a 300 wm tikka and converted to a 7 saum and tell me there experiences. I dont think it's going to be a problem with what I've played around with it but I want know until the barrel is changed out.
anyway thanks

The Gunwerks podcast has some great info in one of their episodes on the 7SAUM. They do an awful lot of them in that 20-22".

I'm listening to Long Range Pursuit | EP 60: Get SAUM - Comparing 7mm Cartridges on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-xuysz-bba8164

anyway thanks

I went 300wm tikka t3 to 7saum. Factory mag feeds find. I had feed issues caused by the stock. That got figured out and now it's flawless.

I went 300wm tikka t3 to 7saum. Factory mag feeds find. I had feed issues caused by the stock. That got figured out and now it's flawless.
Excellent. I have an after market HS precision stock with a after market bottom metal. Love the set up as it is but I'm tired of the thump. that and I've got alot of 7mm stuff.
thanks.

Excellent. I have an after market HS precision stock with a after market bottom metal. Love the set up as it is but I'm tired of the thump. that and I've got alot of 7mm stuff.
thanks.
You'll need to change out the bolt stop to a LA. If you want the thump to disappear I started shooting 145 CEB single feed lazers (not single feed) and the recoil is similar to my 6.5 creedmoor. The 180 eldm are still pleasant compared to the 300wm and I can't shoot all day without issue.

You'll need to change out the bolt stop to a LA. If you want the thump to disappear I started shooting 145 CEB single feed lazers (not single feed) and the recoil is similar to my 6.5 creedmoor. The 180 eldm are still pleasant compared to the 300wm and I can't shoot all day without issue.
10/4 on bolt stop. not Sure what you mean by thump but I know I may have to change the bolt stop if I wanted to shorten the cycle length.
im planning on shooting the 160 to 180 gr.
what twist are you running with the 180 eldm. Im thinking of going with 1:8.5 tw

10/4 on bolt stop. not Sure what you mean by thump but I know I may have to change the bolt stop if I wanted to shorten the cycle length.
im planning on shooting the 160 to 180 gr.
what twist are you running with the 180 eldm. Im thinking of going with 1:8.5 tw
By thump, I meant recoil. If you're running 180s I'd go 8 twist.