Tikka .260 Help

Jumpalot

So what model Tikka's are available in .260 in the US? I checked with local sporting goods store today that they told me that none are available. I thought I saw somewhere that someone had bought a Hunter in .260. Next question is, if they are available, where can I order one? Just looking for a lightweight rifle to play with.
Thanks for the help.

So what model Tikka's are available in .260 in the US? I checked with local sporting goods store today that they told me that none are available. I thought I saw somewhere that someone had bought a Hunter in .260. Next question is, if they are available, where can I order one? Just looking for a lightweight rifle to play with.
Thanks for the help.

Hmmm... No one?????

I looked for quite awhile before I found one, but I've got the Tikka T3 CTR. Lots want to sell what's on the shelf. EurOptics had some not long ago. I finally got a dealer to take seriously I wanted one, he got on the phone for about an hour, had mine in the shop within 48 hours.

Finally getting some days off should get it out this week. I can't say enough good about the .223 I have It really sold me on getting a .260 to go with it.

Last time I looked into it, there were a few 260s sold in the US in previous years, but they were rare. Currently the ctr is the only version officially offered in 260 in the US. That info is coming from a fuzzy memory though...

I also remember something about guys trying to get them through canada somehow... Don't know how that worked out.

Maybe look at tikkas in 6.5x55. Since all t3s are long action anyways(except the magazines), the 6.5x55 would have some advantages over the 260, especially with long heavy bullets like 140 vlds.

I picked up a left handed hunter in 260 last year. Was looking for about a year and a shop had one on the shelf I went into. Surprised the crap out of me. I sure am happy with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.