Tigger on Sedero... How do I adjust

shortpants

Got a buddy who just picked up a Sendero in .300win. The trigger feels like it's set at 10lbs!!! There is no place to adjust from the outside and neither one of us has ever seen this trigger before. We are assuming it the factory trigger. If it is indeed the factory trigger is it hard to take out and adjust?

Google it and you'll see ways to adjust a Remington trigger. I did and I tried it too.

However, having a top tier gunsmith tune mine was the best money I spent on the rifle. He's done a couple for my hunting partner as well and they are nicer than my Timneys.

So, although you can find instructions I found that making a small investment in having the trigger really tuned was far better.

He plans on switching it out asap but $ is very tight right now. He did his first load work up yesterday and found 1/2MOA at 74 & 76 grains of H-1000 with 210VLD's. Were wondering how much he could tighten that up without having to fight that trigger. It's HEAVY!!!

$50 or so for a gunsmith to tune the trigger.

Else go ahead and Google it. There are explanations and pictures out there easily found.

Got a buddy who just picked up a Sendero in .300win. The trigger feels like it's set at 10lbs!!! There is no place to adjust from the outside and neither one of us has ever seen this trigger before. We are assuming it the factory trigger. If it is indeed the factory trigger is it hard to take out and adjust?

Is it a walker or X trigger?

He just informed me he adjusted it last night to where it felt good but he has no way of checking the weight and doesn't want to buy a tool he might not need again for years to come. He thinks it's close to 2lbs. He followed directions I emailed him. I found them on google. He said he worked the hell out of it and no signs of any issues so I think he's good to go. He will proceed with caution as always.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.