Thunderbeast ultra 9

TYoung

About a year ago (13 months to be exact) I made a post asking for opinions on a precision suppressor for my 300wby. Feedback was great, several recommend thunderbeast. So I bought one of the ultra 9's and my stamp finally came in this week. Results are awesome, very accurate and very happy. I would highly recommend to anyone thinking of getting one. I've attached 2 targets, one of a 4 shot group and one 3 shot group. Both at 100yrds.

Thanks to all who gave feedback! Tim
20190731_152311.jpg
20190731_152239.jpg

How is the recoil reduction compared to a brake?
in my experience with all my Thunderbeast cans you will have a more drawn out pulse with the suppressor more like a push on your shoulder where a brake is more sudden and sharper you'll experience a little more push back than a brake when shooting on bigger magnums but nothing major

in my experience with all my Thunderbeast cans you will have a more drawn out pulse with the suppressor more like a push on your shoulder where a brake is more sudden and sharper you'll experience a little more push back than a brake when shooting on bigger magnums but nothing major
Thanks for your input. Looking at the ULTRA 7, but cannot find one in stock to order and start the process.

My stepdad has the Ultra 7 and that thing is awesome! I'm seriously considering an Ultra 9 - your post is encouraging!

In my opinion a Ultra 9 on a 300wsm has a lot of recoil compared to a good brake. I was pretty disappointed in the recoil reduction. I have a carbon barreled 300wm with a titanium brake that weighs the same as my 20" 300wsm and Ultra 9. I can spot shots rather easily with the 300wm despite using 8grs more powder and way less muzzle weight. There is no way to spot shots with the 300wsm. It jumps all over the place. It's nice how quiet it is but I also gave up nearly 200fps from my 26" barreled 300wsm to this 20".

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.