Throwback Rifle Build Need Input

jd5521

I'm tossing around the idea of building a an homage/throwback rifle with today's components. I have a very nice Claro Walnut stock that is 90-95% inletted for a Remington BDL LA setup. I also have a Defiance Rebel LA that I think would be perfect for the stock along with a .257 cal Bartlein #3 barrel sitting around. Where I am caught up is having the barreled action completely blued or cerakoted or at the very least have the action blued or cerakoted and just bead blast the barrel. What day you?

I did simular....went with blackened(not black) receiver...tungsten barrel...and last 2" of muzzle was titanium.....looks cool....
But a darker receiver and slightly lighter colored barrel would be sharp on a wood stock.....
Can't see it perfectly....but idea....

Attachments

• 1017180855a.jpg
    1017180855a.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
Given the nice Claro Walnut stock and sporter weight barrel, I'd be inclined to go with traditional bluing for the action/barrel does the best job of complimenting nice wood......particularly if the stock has classic lines.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.