Thoughts?

talks2elk2

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this scope.

Thinking about putting it on a 300 win mag for elk/moose. Do you all think it's a good scope for the price?

I've owned one of them, good scope overall, but the reticle is difficult to make out drop hash/dots in lower light conditions. That's the reason I no longer own it. If you're going to dial up only you'll have to make a come up chart. For the price its good buy. Look at Burris HD with lighted E3 reticle. Only small cross lights up. Great scope.

I wouldn't... can't... whatever. The discount seems pretty reasonable, however. If you aren't dialing the crap out of it on a constant basis... you're probably fine. Does that model offer a zero stop? That would be my first concern with exposed turrets. I know they don't lock.

@Rosebud made a good suggestion, the Signature HD is a great scope (I don't like the E3 lol) that would work better in the situation asked about.

t

I have an older one when they first came out. It is the 4x16x50HSLR. Zero stop using the shims. Works great it's been dialed a lot and it's put up with a 300 RUM. Yes the hash marks are kind of useless but I always dial unless it a close shot like 300yrds. I'm running a 220 to 230 grain bullet so it's plenty of recoil and blast since I have a break on mine. I do not recall pulling up to adjust and pushing down to lock. You dial it up and then back to you zero after your shot. I just use the MOA turret that it came with; not that I recall that there are any other ones. I use a shooting app to give me my dope. Dial and shoot.