Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

It'll never get back to normal as long as the Democrats are running the Country and the hoarders/flippers are allowed to rape and pillage freely.
Hoarders and flippers, price gougers, etc. aren't raping nor pillaging. They are entering into an equitable mutual agreement, not coerced nor forced. That you think you are receiving some kind of treatment speaks to your lack of understanding of economics. Ignorance is easily cured: education.
Example: During times of scarcity, whether low supply or high demand, prices rise. This is a self-correction a marked makes. In the case of hurricane displaced people in a hotel: family of 6 gets to hotel some hours from the coast. They rent 3 rooms because that's how they live at home: 3 TVs. Another family of 6 arrives at same hotel, which is now half-booked. Room rates have risen, causing them to get only 2 rooms, even though they live the same way as family 1. The last family arrives, this is you, and sees one room left. They are furious because the room rate tripled, so they move on. Then another family arrives and is grateful for the room because they have been on the road for days, passing all the full hotels, being pushed away for lack of room. They get showered and realize the deal they got at triple the price.

I don't mean to be condescending, nor to flame Mr. Adam32+P, nor really to single him out. There is a huge world of information out there that is readily available right here on the internet. That we don't take advantage of it is terrible. Soren Kierkegaard once wrote: People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. This applies to any ignorant or unqualified opinion stated as fact.

it doesn't bother me that people are trying to buy the components they need for reloading the guns that they posses ,,,, but it does bother me if they are buying up components just to , sometime in the future , resell to make a profit !! I think people need to be realistic about how many rounds they think that each gun will be shot during their lifetime !! I mean why buy and cache enough for 3000 rounds when , if your like me , you'll probably never shoot more than 1000 rounds through a gun !!

Exact opposite. They would bring on production lines about when this thing ends. They would lose their ***.
It was a perfect storm. Remingtons troubles stopped ther production at the same time as this covid propaganda. I understand The Remington plant under new management is back up and running now but it takes a while to dig out of a hole. Horders and gougers are not helping. With the influx of new shooters a lot of gun shops are holding ammo to go with gun purchase so that these new shooters can at least practice a little. Which I think is a good idea. When I find a good deal I buy and share with friends, I don't inflate the price on them. They do the same with me. We got to help each other out.

My crystal ball is no better than anyone else's, but I'm actually optimistic about components coming back in stock over the course of 2021. Powder is beginning to show up, and yesterday the local Sportsman's Warehouse had primers. Not many, and they didn't last long, but that's a beginning.

It will not be a situation where you get up one morning and walk into your LGS to find all shelves completely stocked. Especially with hoarders still lurking in the aisles. But things are coming back.

This could all change immediately if the current administration decides to push an ammo tax. But that's an outlier right now.

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?
Go to "GUNBROKER.com", an online auction house, you'll find everything you need.

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?
As long as people pay these outrageous prices don't look for changes unless they keep going up, to many people buying everything they can and stock piling garage fulls in hopes of screwing people in fear because they can't find what they're needing, if everyone just bought what they needed for personal use and quit useing a shortage to get rich ammo factories would soon catch up and things would soon go back to normal, but greed is the American way now days it seems so we're probably in for a haul before prices drop if ever

Talked to a friend of mine, who is a mid range pistol and small rifle competitor. He has a few sponsors, and they told him that they could order 5000 primers, and available components prior to the season starting. Only a one time deal, and limited to that. So I'm going to guess that there may be another delay in available components as sponsored competitors are given priority. I'm starting to see a lot of wolf primers, and privi primers coming out onto the market. Saw some type of hungarian ones for sale the other day, wasn't even any english writing on the packages. Crazy times for sure

I have always like using Remington 7 1/2 primers. But with the breakup of Remington I wonder how long the new owners of the different sections will take to get back up in production.

Once you begin to see loaded rounds on shelves, we should see components coming back. Could be a year or so. We're smack in the middle of the confluence of new shooters and existing shooters hoarding.
You hit the nail on the head. We're our own worst enemy in times like this.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts