Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

It will get better and not too long in the near future. All the hoarders and scalpers will have purchased more than they can sell or run out of purchasing power with funds and then they will get caught with their pants down. The political enviroment will alwys be the same with liberals in charge or even in office. They talk loud and scare everyone into thinking guns and ammo will be taken away from us law abiding citizens, but that is just to apease their liberal base. Don't fall for it and don't be scared. There is no way they are going to grab our guns. AINT going to happen!

Except if people stopped paying $100/lb for powder then the scalpers would be forced to lower their prices. Supply of "popular" powders (h1000, Retumbo, n570, rl26, etc) has been slim to none for many years and was never listed at $100+/lb until recently due to stupid people paying stupid prices.
The fundamental root cause is not people willing to pay high prices or even scalpers. The core problem is the shortage, which leads to an imbalance in supply and demand that takes an orderly economic process and creates disorder.

If people want something badly enough, it will drive people to create supply and fulfill the demand.

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?
This will get fixed when the shooting community finally realizes that the American way of trying to solve a problem by buying more stuff will not work for this.
When shooters wise up and use the dollars to effect the political climate and stop being uselessly paranoid about the future of 2nd amendment rights then we will be able to go back to normal.
There is no need for any elected official to attempt a ban on shooting. Shooters have effectively done it for them and spent more money to do it than it would take to stop it, long term.
I have heard grown 45 year old men say they are literally "burying" guns and ammo in the yard. As though that would somehow prevent a ban or provide a way to shoot if one occurred. The level of paranoia and ridiculous ideas has gotten us to where we are.
If we don't get together and effect this in a smarter way through political action and positive promotion of the sport then we will loose it by our own actions without much of a struggle.
The answer is , when people get smart and come to their collective senses. We will be able to buy the things it takes to enjoy shooting sports once again.

This will get fixed when the shooting community finally realizes that the American way of trying to solve a problem by buying more stuff will not work for this.
When shooters wise up and use the dollars to effect the political climate and stop being uselessly paranoid about the future of 2nd amendment rights then we will be able to go back to normal.
There is no need for any elected official to attempt a ban on shooting. Shooters have effectively done it for them and spent more money to do it than it would take to stop it, long term.
I have heard grown 45 year old men say they are literally "burying" guns and ammo in the yard. As though that would somehow prevent a ban or provide a way to shoot if one occurred. The level of paranoia and ridiculous ideas has gotten us to where we are.
If we don't get together and effect this in a smarter way through political action and positive promotion of the sport then we will loose it by our own actions without much of a struggle.
The answer is , when people get smart and come to their collective senses. We will be able to buy the things it takes to enjoy shooting sports once again.
Well said!

My wish is that every hoarder and flipper get caught with inventory and they lose their ***. Most every one of them don't even own a firearm and I have nothing to say that wouldn't bring a ban from this site.
I pray for all of you to be able to find components at some point and get back to what we have been peacefully doing for years.
This is a tragedy.

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?
I may have 60 rounds of once fired 6.5 PRC Hornaday brass up for grabs.

Since the liberals took over the Sheriff's office in our little Los Alamos County, the Sheriff's office refuses to fingerprint for any weapon related processing.

My local gun shop is supposed to have small rifle and small pistol this week. We will see! I got H4350 and H110 from Midway last week but you have to be quick! I'm hearing of little out of the way shops having pallets of powder in stock. You might have to get off the beaten path to find what you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts