Thoughts on when the heck components will be back?

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?
Try graf and sons, they might have 6.5 in peterson brass

It doesn't help that Remington filed bankruptcy and shut down its ammunition plant. The plant is in the process of starting back up.my personal opinion is once everybody can return to a normal work schedule it will end. I hope

I think primers are the limiting factor for as long as the high demand lasts on factory ammunition lasts. All of the major manufacturers have been very candid in that they plan to only sell excess primers, if they can load them and sell ammunition as soon as it hits the shelves they will do that for as long as they can.
Up here in Alaska my good friend has seen sporadic shipments of a pretty broad powder selection hitting the shelves, as well as loaded ammo. But no primers. Shoot - we even have 6.8 western on the shelves, just no guns to use it yet!
Guns are starting to make a comeback. H eff Orr in Brazoria County TX the shelves were bare for 60 or 70 days.No pistols and no rifles just shotguns.But in the last 3 weeks t7 or 8 GLOCKS and a good selection of rifles.

As mentioned I believe a big part of the problem is buyer picking up stuff off the shelf just to resell on the internet. I was in a Walmart few months ago a gentleman was buying 6 boxes of 243 ammo. I asked him how he liked the 243 and he said, " Oh, I don't have one I just saw then on the shelf so I picked them up.". Was in Bruno's a couple days ago. Jason said almost all his inventory is coming second hand that's why his prices are so high. It's going to be this way for a while I'm sure.

I don't know about you guys but I cant find anything for reloading. For a while I could find a few items at small town stores. But now nothing. The gun shows I found a few 50 rd packs of primers they wanted 45$ for a 50 pack. Anyone know of a source for 6.5 PRC cases? When do you think they will start catching up?
I have 3 boxes of PRC Hornady ELD-X you are welcome to buy the ammo from me. Shoot and reload it

Every time the democrats get power, we go through this. The same thing happened with Obama. I don't know if it was this bad or not. I had a hard time getting bullets then , so I learned how to cast my own. I then learned to pick up items here and there. I am seeing items coming back slowly,except for primers

As mentioned, IMHO once Remington is back producing ammunition, there wil be some relief. However, (there is always a however these days) there is still the question about the getting access to the other neccessay components they need - brass, primers, powder, etc.

Every time the democrats get power, we go through this. The same thing happened with Obama. I don't know if it was this bad or not. I had a hard time getting bullets then , so I learned how to cast my own. I then learned to pick up items here and there. I am seeing items coming back slowly,except for primers

The panic buying was in full swing as the pandemic and riots hit in the spring. Shortages happened well prior to the election.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts