Thoughts on this new Illinois law?

Just another reason on a literally endless list to hate this state. This as well as several so called police reforms were literally passed at like 1:30AM after the liberals were sure they were the only ones left in the house to get the votes to pass these. It goes way deeper than just this one law. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that when several past governors, countless reps and senators, and staffers from every dept imaginable are either in jail or felony charged over the last several years that it must be all the average people here that are all the problem. I could go on for days and pages but will spare you all anymore of my rant lol. Wife and I are SERIOUSLY considering relocating, just sick of all the BS here anymore.
I lived in Glen Ellyn from 2001 to 2010. At various times I worked downtown Chicago. I had also previoulsy lived in (Lincoln Park), Chicago from 1988-91. We moved back to Texas in 2010 because I could see all this coming. Illinois is reaping and is gonna reap the whirlwind. Just Dumber that dirt, and I am being diplomatic and respectful. We now live in Michigan because my wife's family is here, but
if we don't see some progress here in the November election, then its probably back to Texas again. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal.
It doesn't matter what skin color they have. All skin colors commit crime.
They ALL need to be locked up and held accountable. To them its just a joke with no bail, no court and free back on the street to commit heinous crimes.

Is Lori Lightfoot a great mayor because she is black and gay?
No bail laws is gonna turn Chicago into a cesspool of crime, murder, and worse. You ask how much worse can it get? Pritzger needs to be a beat cop for about 30 minutes. I bet he would repeal that law himself.
They are gonna need Rudi Gulliani and the national guard to fix Chicago before this over with. Dumb, Dumb and Dumber.

Even Jim Carey could not top this......

The corruption in Illinois and in the unions that own all the politicians in Illinois are gonna have to suffer a lot themselves from the crime and corruption they are institutionalizing, before that blue state can turn purple and then red, and find itself. It is just following California and New York. Whatever is big there is gonna follow in Illinois until it ends.

The cure for insanity is insanity. Then it all ends in tragedy.

Currently, there are no consequences for committing crime in NY, not even for repeat offenders. It has been going on long enough that street thugs, who are quite numerous, have no fear of arrest or the judicial system.

Basically, any offense that is deemed "non-violent" gets a pass to immediately return to the streets. A dangerous felon who gets caught with an illegal handgun is returned to the street because he hasn't killed anyone yet. A drug dealer who peddles illegal narcotics to our children is deemed non-violent and returned to his trade.

Due to covid, the court system is so backed up that they will literally never catch up, and that's if the powers-to-be even attempt to. NY is a WOKE state, and just like every other woke place in the country, it is going down the tubes fast.

NY voter registrations are 2 to 1 in favor of the Democrats. It is highly unlikely that things will get better before they get much worse here.

It's a bigger problem than no bail.

Form the outside it's impossible to even understand what the original charges are. Between DA's inflating charges to leverage guilty pleas, and public defenders negotiating downward.

Add in the selective enforcement that is easily apparent theses days, and the entire system is a mess.

They named the new law SAFETY act. That's a joke right there.
The cops are are quitting or retiring in droves.
That leaves average citizens vs the street thugs and a complicit government who will prosecute any "defensive shooting".
Sounds like the law abiding are getting set up for the next phase of whatever the master plan is.

Form the outside it's impossible to even understand what the original charges are. Between DA's inflating charges to leverage guilty pleas, and public defenders negotiating downward.

Here I see things differently with regard to DA charges. The Police often arrest and charge based on what evidence they have. The DAs often downgrade charges or eliminate as many charges as possible to facilitate the early or immediate release of perps. It happens every day here.

That leaves average citizens vs the street thugs and a complicit government who will prosecute any "defensive shooting".
Sounds like the law abiding are getting set up for the next phase of whatever the master plan is.
Yeah bout like the Inflation Reduction Act.....They always name it the opposite of the truth.

Yeah, "Safety" for criminals and crime......that's their intent for sure.

Bankrupt Illinois Act Faster......

The radical libs want to encourage crime and split the libs from conservatives. This is in the Commie handbook.
The violent crime will infiltrate peaceful neighborhoods until some politicians are affected.
Arm yourself and prepare to protect your family.
Be careful who you vote for - many lie during campaign.

Here I see things differently with regard to DA charges. The Police often arrest and charge based on what evidence they have. The DAs often downgrade charges or eliminate as many charges as possible to facilitate the early or immediate release of perps. It happens every day here.
Same problem different angle. Police over charging can be a problem also. Point remains sitting here you and I have no idea what the basic charges absent politics.

My start would be using the military to enforce Article 4, Section 2 (if memory serves), of the Constitution. Seal the borders, dump those we don't want back where they came from. Stop poison from being imported by our enemies. But then we're no longer talking about petty criminals.

I lived in Glen Ellyn from 2001 to 2010. At various times I worked downtown Chicago. I had also previoulsy lived in (Lincoln Park), Chicago from 1988-91. We moved back to Texas in 2010 because I could see all this coming. Illinois is reaping and is gonna reap the whirlwind. Just Dumber that dirt, and I am being diplomatic and respectful. We now live in Michigan because my wife's family is here, but
if we don't see some progress here in the November election, then its probably back to Texas again. A criminal is a criminal is a criminal.
It doesn't matter what skin color they have. All skin colors commit crime.
They ALL need to be locked up and held accountable. To them its just a joke with no bail, no court and free back on the street to commit heinous crimes.

Is Lori Lightfoot a great mayor because she is black and gay?
No bail laws is gonna turn Chicago into a cesspool of crime, murder, and worse. You ask how much worse can it get? Pritzger needs to be a beat cop for about 30 minutes. I bet he would repeal that law himself.
They are gonna need Rudi Gulliani and the national guard to fix Chicago before this over with. Dumb, Dumb and Dumber.

Even Jim Carey could not top this......

The corruption in Illinois and in the unions that own all the politicians in Illinois are gonna have to suffer a lot themselves from the crime and corruption they are institutionalizing, before that blue state can turn purple and then red, and find itself. It is just following California and New York. Whatever is big there is gonna follow in Illinois until it ends.

The cure for insanity is insanity. Then it all ends in tragedy.
Hit the nail right on the head there Veteran. Been like this for years and as most states, if you look county by county maps of red and blue, IL is 90% red except major towns or where there's a college. Shocker right? IL has rode the shirt tails of CA and NY for a long time. The Chicago vote runs the state and man haven't they set a fine example!

Police over charging can be a problem also.
It can be a problem and I've seen it some in my jurisdiction. If the circumstances allow it some guys will "up charge" defendants because of what can (and probably will) happen in court. Others will simply do it because they want everyone they deal with to be a Felon in some way, shape or form when they submit their paperwork. Still, others might "enhance" a dope charge because a piece of junk pistol was recovered from a dresser drawer not even in close proximity to the dope. Sure, the elements of 'armed trafficking' might exist, but does that mean that's what was going on? Nope. Sometimes the checks & balances weed these situations out…..sometimes they don't. 🤷‍♂️

I loved the deer hunting in Southwestern Illinois down by Havana. Had a farm leased there for 10 years. Took some nice big Illinois bucks with bow, shotgun, and muzzle loader. But how I hated the government in Chicago and the State. Pure corruption. I got my first clue when I went in for a drivers license in Chicago. I had to go to 10 desks or stations to get a seperate stamp at each desk, because it was pure patronage and make work for friends and family. Added no value, just another worthless stamp by someone backing up to the pay table.....One time I bought 20 shotgun slugs to sight in my shotgun and my brothers shotgun.
Had to use my FOID card.....Next time I went to the airport to fly, I was basically strip searched and treated like a terrorist. They even took the rubber band off my stack of hotel, and car rental, and freq flyer cards and looked in between them for razor blades I suppose.....

Like I said, I saw where this state was going, and said Sayonarah long ago. Yep Chicago is a pox and a rotten patch on the rest of the rural areas if the state.....Detroit is the same way in Michigan.....Corruption loves big city gobernmint.......

I wish all those who live in Illinois the best, but its gonna have to get so bad that big union leaders and big politicians own lives become affected/infected by the disease and sickness they are responsible for. Chicago is likely to get even worse before it can get better.