Thoughts on the swfa 3-15

I have an older swfa 3-15 in moa. Nice glass and tracks very well. Their customer service/warranty is great also. My father in law had the same scope, he was also very happy with his.

I've got one...I don't like the FFP for hunting. It isn't a bad scope for the price. The glass isn't super clear on 15x but it tracks very well and I have killed elk to P-dogs with it at extended ranges.

I have not looked through one but I do have the 5-20 and 3-9. Love them both. 5-20 is surprisingly usable at 5x..IMO just about perfect for mostly long range but capable for a quick shot off hand.

I have a SWFA 4-16 FFP which I purchased for hunting but decided after receiving it that in 4 power you could barely see the reticle. I put it on a long range target gun which it works fine for and purchased on with SFP for hunting. i have a couple lighted reticle of other brands and lower power are fine. On all my hunting rifles I went to SFP just for those reasons. I would have purchased more from SWFA but all they have now are FFP.

I had one a few years back and it was ok. It is not a $700 scope by today's standards. For the 50% off they are running now, they are a pretty good $350 scope. Arken would be a good choice in that price range, and have a more modern design and features. If you by chance have access to an Expert Voice account, and can afford a little more, look into a Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 for about $500. It has what I'd say is better glass, locking turrets, a zero stop, and an illuminated reticle in case you are worried about the reticle being hard to use on lower power.