SWFA 3-15x42

270DT

Just purchased one of these without actually taking a look thru one which is something I usually won't do but based off reviews and threads on here decided to have one on its way to my door. This is the model and reticle. Looking forward to checking it out compared to some other optics I have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 137
That was a good buy. I bought one that is FFP. It is very repeatable and very durable. I put it on a Savage 300wsm and it has been great. The eye relief on 15x is a little critical but after getting it set up right for my shooting style it works well. The glass is good for the price range but isn't nearly as good as my Sightron sIII, still the glass is good. I plan on hunting with it in a few days...

Nice, keep me posted. Will evaluate quality of glass when I receive and then decide what to put it on

Keep us posted on ur review of it. I enlarged photo no price, but your phone is at 39% battery don't forget to charge it. Just saying

Gene

That was a good buy. I bought one that is FFP. It is very repeatable and very durable. I put it on a Savage 300wsm and it has been great. The eye relief on 15x is a little critical but after getting it set up right for my shooting style it works well. The glass is good for the price range but isn't nearly as good as my Sightron sIII, still the glass is good. I plan on hunting with it in a few days...

SWFAs are a lot of scope for the money.

I too am considering the 3-15 in FFP.

I have the 5-20 HD and the glass are absolutely awesome. Mine is also on a Savage 11 FCNS .300 WSM. :D

Cheers!

I have a 3-15 x 42 in FFP with the Mil-Quad reticle on a 7mm Rem Mag.
They make great scopes.
My girlfriend dropped a stack of snowboards on it with no damage or loss of zero.

399. That's a nice price. I've been looking for a 4-500 somewhat compact Lt. Wieght scope for my 270 wsm abolt. I had forgot about them thanks for reminding me.

Gene

SWFA HD Scopes are top notch. I have shot the 3-15 on a .223 training rifle in positional shooting, performance is great, especially what you pay for it. It performs every bit has good has my 5-20 HD.

Got the scope mounted onto the rifle last night and bore sighted. Overall impression is the glass is better than my vortex vipers. This scope has great eye relief but the eye box is a little tight when on 15x. The clicks on the turrets aren't quite as crisp as I like but that is a personal preference. The reticle may be a little difficult to see in low light especially if I want to use it to get a distance to target reference. Hopefully can get to the range this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 92
Got the scope mounted onto the rifle last night and bore sighted. Overall impression is the glass is better than my vortex vipers. This scope has great eye relief but the eye box is a little tight when on 15x. The clicks on the turrets aren't quite as crisp as I like but that is a personal preference. The reticle may be a little difficult to see in low light especially if I want to use it to get a distance to target reference. Hopefully can get to the range this weekend.

How did it do ???

I bought 2 straight 12x 42 mil- quads today. $259.99 plus they come with bubble level and a set of SWFA rings. Combo deal for black Friday, sale is on till Monday.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.