SWFA 3-15x42

Got the scope mounted onto the rifle last night and bore sighted. Overall impression is the glass is better than my vortex vipers. This scope has great eye relief but the eye box is a little tight when on 15x. The clicks on the turrets aren't quite as crisp as I like but that is a personal preference. The reticle may be a little difficult to see in low light especially if I want to use it to get a distance to target reference. Hopefully can get to the range this weekend.

The mil quad dm reticle is hard to see in low light? Doesn't it have a big black ring around the center dot?

Hunted with it for the first time yesterday. Impressed with clarity and low light performance better than i expected. The reticle is fine for hunting in low light but as I thought the ranging lines are difficult to read in low light. The center triangle is more than adequate. I would definitely buy another one.

The only thing imo this scope lacks is the option of an illuminated reticle. As all my scopes need to be able to be hunting scopes, they need an illuminated reticle. Ive lost too many chances at game because I couldnt see my reticle. Otherwise. I would have a 3-15 on my 6.5 Creedmoor.

Thats a sweet deal on the 12x42s . How are you liking them so far.
The only problem I have with my 10×42 is it has a M.D. reticle and moa turrets. I'll hang onto it but mostly to use as a scope mule for range shooting. I want to get a 6×42 for a general purpose spare scope.

I haven't installed mine yet, but my buddy has, and he does well with it out to 1000. I bought mine to go on my .223 trainer that will be shot out to 700. They are excellent for the $299.00 full cost. I have used plenty of them over the years that friends have on rifles.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.