Thoughts on the 195 berger for 7mm

I have not used them first hand but the general concensus is that inside of 1000 yards the B.C. that you gain does not outperform the velocity that you lose vs the 180 Hybrid. Past that the 195 starts to incrementally gain an advantage over the 180. The other advantage would be in wind drift...and wind drift is obviously important and often times the biggest challenge.

I'm sure quality and consistency are all in line with what you can expect from any other Berger offering.

There is a big thread on this forum that others have posted to...check it out.

Been there, done that with the 195 in my 8" twist 7stw... I'm not going back until I have more case capacity... 7rum or greater... I'm wondering lately on the capabilities of the 183 Sierra; I'm also working with the 175 eld-x...

She'll do 3" @ 550 yards with rl33 and 195's, but the wheels fall off when it gets cold as rl33 only seems to stay stable for me in cold weather when you are in a very overbore cartridge with a ton of bullet weight. My 300rums with 225's work... The 300roy with a 225 does not. I haven't gotten a 7mm to work well enough for my taste. I couldn't get quite as much speed at decent pressures with faster powders in my 7stw so I gave up and gave my 195's away...

I've shot them to 1809 yards at a 1MOA target with success out of a 7mm Rem Mag. They were barely supersonic at that range. This was during a day of training with Broz and we covered a lot of ranges from ~400 to the 1809 target with great success.

I get 2,850fps with ~68 grains of H1000 (over max), seated to 0.020" from the lands. The bullets are coated with HBN.

-David

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.