7mm Dakota 195 Berger data

BEEMAN

Just picked up a 7 mm Dakota on trade. It's got a 8 twist benchmark. Was hoping to try the 180 eld, but the gun came with 225 195 gr Bergers. Powders I was thinking about trying are R33 and N570. I have lots of R33. Did a search but couldn't find much info. Any loads or starting loads would be great.

Just picked up a 7 mm Dakota on trade. It's got a 8 twist benchmark. Was hoping to try the 180 eld, but the gun came with 225 195 gr Bergers. Powders I was thinking about trying are R33 and N570. I have lots of R33. Did a search but couldn't find much info. Any loads or starting loads would be great.
BEEMAN,
Please contact us at 714-441-7202 from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN time MON thru FRI and we can help you with load data and load testing information. Unfortunately due to a recent change in protocol put into place by Eric we can no longer send unpublished load data out via email. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

Just got my "yet another" 7Dak. 3rd one now. Sheesh.
Anyhow, I had Benchmark make the 5R 8-twist barrel and custom reamer from Scotland for .313 neck throated long. Waiting for Jerry to duplicate the chamber in one of my other SAAMI Dak chamber gun to the same as the new one so I have a dedicated fire forming gun using Speedy G's method. To date, I have worked with 162's,168's and 175's (JLK, Bergers & SMK) in the standard .319 1/9 chambers and barrels. The goal is to try and get the most out of the 7Dak 30deg. out past 1700 meters with accuracy.

After fire forming starting at 70% load w/RL22 & N170 listed 195g working up to a max load PSI by measuring the base to not more than 1-1.5 thou expansion. I have 189's Cauterucio's and Matrix 195's to work with once I have reached my max MV expansion, primer condition and bolt lift.

I had Lee make a custom collet die and Forster custom mic. seater using fired cases. I don't plan on FL sizing and only bumping a thou if necessary. After having done much reading and searching from all the "experts", I've settled on this method not to be as anal about all the minutia of brass prepping, sizing etc. as in the past simplifying my shooting and loading experience.

I will post results once I have the data.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.