Thoughts on dead air nomad l

Shawn62085

I already have a tb ultra 9 and live it but wanted to try something different and was looking at the dead air nomad l is they any input anyone has?
I'll be using it from 204-7saum and info would be great!
Thanks

I have a tbac ultra 7 and a nomad ti.

Now for me anyway the tbac was the standard by what all others should be judged. Lightweight, simple, excellent suppression, hearing safe even with a 20" 300 RUM.

I have a few silencerco's but theyre not as good as tbac and honestly thought about selling them, more moving parts , hubs, etc and dont suppress as good.

Now on a whim i did pick up a nomad ti , its on the same level as a suppression to my ears as the tbac, modular different hubs etc, but it has a larger diameter , now you gotta keep in mind if you want simplicity get the tbac , i have had the hub come loose with shooting but i do overall like it. Im running it with the xeno.

Love my nomad 30. I've used it it on 6.5 creedmoor, 308, 300 win mag and 7 prc. Not sure it's "hearing safe" but I shoot under a metal shed and it doesn't bother me at all. Dogs don't seem to mind it either. They used to freak out when I shot unsuppressed.

Picking my scythe up tomorrow. I'd say if you havent pulled the trigger and want "different" look there.

Betting you'll find a lighter/shorter can with a "tad" less performance than the ultra 9.

I'll report back shortly, planning to compare to DD STi and Dead Air nomad LT shortly.

Guessing it will be close to STi (enticed s on summit but it's Ti) and a tad less than nomad LT. See how tbac compared both those to their own at the suppressor summit.

The Nomad L performs exceptionally for it's size. This is made from the PewScience data:
Additionally, you would be hard pressed to find anything other than raving reviews about it.

I have a Nomad TI and absolutely love it but want something even quieter. I'm thinking the new XC version will be my next can, either that or an Ecco Accipiter TI. There is a also a 2nd generation of the Liberty Anthem cans that will probably deliver a lot of performance per $. Then there is also the Hydrogen L and Enticer L to consider lol. It sure is a good time to be a suppressor consumer.

Last edited:
Just got my Hyperion out of jail. Wow. The Hyperion outperforms the Nomad according to PewScience data. The .308 by a little (52.3 overall rating vs. Nomad's 52), the 6.5 Creed by a lot (58.2 overall). The TB Ultra 9 in .308 got a 46.1. https://pewscience.com/rankings

I've got a few 30 cal cans in my personal safe and a whole bunch of customer cans in the shop. My personal favorite 30 cal can is the TBAC Dominus CB. It's light, effective and short. I won a DA Nomad L Ti last year and can freely admit the Nomad L is quieter than the Dominus to the shooter and bystander. Both cans are what I would consider "hearing safe" when used in open areas for a couple dozen rounds. The DA is significantly longer as well as being a direct thread can. I had a customer buy a TBAC Magnus a few months back and we were able to shoot the Nomad L Ti next to the Magnus. To my ears, they were the same. Both some of the quietest 30 cal cans I've ever heard. I have a bunch of DA cans and have never had any issues, even the ones we ran hard on duty.

Oh yeah, the Nomad L sounds great on 6.5's and 300 blackout (subs) as well.

I already have a tb ultra 9 and live it but wanted to try something different and was looking at the dead air nomad l is they any input anyone has?
I'll be using it from 204-7saum and info would be great!
Thanks
I have the Nomad LTi . It does a great job of taming my 7STW.
It looks like when the word got out that the ATF was fast tracking approvals that inventory is getting short .
It may be what you can find or what you are willing to wait for to become available 🤷‍♂️