Things you eat........Or not

The absolute worst tasting thing I have ever tried was beaver(the four legged version I mean).I can not believe anyone would eat that stuff more than once.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Fresh Deer or Elk heart, liver, and kidneys were always a hunting camp treat. The kidneys you soaked all night in salted water, sliced about 1/4" thick, and pan fried for breakfast. Eat with a little hot mustard and uummm, uummm, GOOD!

We kept the Deer tongue until we had enough for a meal, 4 or 5 each, but Elk was one tongue apiece.

I, too, don't like boiled Okra. I do think menudo, especially late at night after drinking a little too much, is really good. And good for you!

I'll eat most things, but I don't think I'd like a piece of a 500 pound Bear. And I've already finished my lifetime share of Hawaiian Poi, whether 2 finger or 3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I avoid most any fast food, except In n' Out, but they dont have them here in Colorado Springs. I do enjoy most any wild game.

Dont know about pickled pigs feet, but normal pigs trotters slowley braised so you can suck the meat off takes some beating.
Same goes for ox tail cooked the same way, delicious.
The two top British foods that are about the best are IMO Traditional Steak and Kidney pudding and Bacon Butties.

Ian.

My son came back about a year ago from Manchester/Birmingham region. Some of the puddings he makes, and loves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I ate but..... But, when in Rome.......

His puddings are sure a long way from the Italian I grew up on and the Black/cajun/creole I went wild over down in the bayou country of Louisiana.

Its been more than 15 years and boiled turkey necks and cabbage is still a strong memory and the Sea Food Platter at Sal's in Boutte was top cabin.

I had major thyroid reactions every time I ate that platter of sea food with the soft shell crabs. My neck swelled till I looked like an NFL football lineman.

Now that my thyroid is dead I could probably get away with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Shawn said:

Wild things I've eaten:
Deer, Elk, Moose, Bear, Cougar, Mountain Goat, Antelope, Rabbit, Rock Chuck, Rattle Snake, Beaver, & Big Horn Sheep./QUOTE]

I have eaten 5 of those plus crocodile, impala, ostrich, zebra, warthog, kudu...all in Kenya.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.