Thermal viewer

I have mixed feelings about thermal viewers. I think they are fine and good thing to have to locate wounded game.; However I feel they will be used more to locate game on side hills that aren't wounded so they can be shot. Good luck hunting and be safe.

Not even close : You cant begin to look through brush and laurel with binoculars, but the thermal viewers will tell you something is there. Maybe man maybe beast.

Looking through brush is one of the features that sold me on binoculars years ago. It's called technology. Like rifle scope improving on open sights.

Sorry, Sika Slayer, for the change in direction of your thread.

I'm talking places thick enough that you cant see through with binoculars . High thick weeds ECT. You must be thicker than the weeds!

In many places a "thermal viewer" would be illegal to use while hunting.
It would be considered "taking game with the aid of an electronic device"

Sniper: You are 100 percent correct, but you know as well as I, law enforcement would have an impossible mission proving that it was used to locate game before the kill. They should only be allowed if there is a very limited range. I Would say if there is not enough sign of a hit to allow you to get within 100 - 150 yards of the animal, most likely you will never find it dead. It probably will live. Good hunting and be safe.

Sniper: You are 100 percent correct, but you know as well as I, law enforcement would have an impossible mission proving that it was used to locate game before the kill.
They wouldn't have to prove anything.

Merely having it while also having a firearm outside your vehicle is "prima facie" evidence, much like shining a spotlight and having a firearm at the same time.

You could still be charged with "spotlighting deer" even without deer being present.

State laws vary though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts