THEE only gun you'd never part with

What's the one gun in your stable you'd never part ways with? Family heirloom, first build, killed your personal best, won competitions, most accurate etc. What's your number one ? What's it chambered in and what's it mean to you?
Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 300 H&H Magnum, purchased for me a few months before I was born by my grandfather in 1957. He passed away the day before I was born. I didn't know about the rifle until my Aunt Jean gave it to me, new in the box, the bolt never having been in it, on my 16th birthday.

Last edited:
Difficult if not impossible. My great great grandfathers Civil war rifle, my grandfathers Winchester 71, dads Browning BAR 7mm Mag, My first big game rifle Marlin 444s, or my latest Blaser R8 and multiple barrels and calibers? They are all great guns with Great Memories. Maybe just take them with me :)

What's the one gun in your stable you'd never part ways with? Family heirloom, first build, killed your personal best, won competitions, most accurate etc. What's your number one ? What's it chambered in and what's it mean to you?
Belgium Browning BAR Grade I '06. Bought at Van Lunens in 1986. I was a junior in HS. My 1st upgrade for West Virginia deer season from carrying a 30-30. Carried that rifle for decades in Pleasants and Richie County and killed deer like lightning with it. Took it out on the range last week and still got a 1 inch group our of it. 48.5 grains of 4064...180 grain interlocks has been my go to load. The 190 boat tails shoot the same.

I'm gonna say my 44 mag ruger blackhawk. It's killed more deer than blue 👅. Lol Had it around 31, 32 years . Kinda grew up with it.

Hmm, I used to say my Savage 110, used to be a 300 win mag now a 338 win mag, now have a CA 300 win mag, and 375ruger custom. It's between those three, but like all of my rifles.