The Titan At Barbour Creek

Joel Russo

Spent a few days shooting the new Titan at Barbour Creek Shooting Academy. Engagements on a deer sized steel target at 1,774 yards was quite easy with James reading wind conditions. He's the best in the business.
29F56148-D34A-47C5-87E3-93F26FA4726F.jpeg
ABA996DA-ABEB-449C-85A0-32336BA6CA20.jpeg
2FD636C1-7551-4BD2-9DF0-5D0265CBAC95.jpeg
23EBDD9D-3437-43AB-98E0-40B5190C376A.jpeg
08874E0C-A7C3-447A-8A91-E7BCDAC43F26.jpeg

Hi Joel,when you posted this I was getting ready for our annual deer hunt . So could you Please come back and tell us what your Titan was chambered in . The stock looks custom ,as well as barrel and muzzle brake,your scope looks like a Kahles .😉 I know your a Very busy man these days,and I'm Proud of your hard earned success, but don't forget your fans that read and live vicariously through your posts and pictures on our great forum . I passed on several small bucks and delighted in watching the mother does still leading and teaching their yearlings the ropes ,there were some daddy bucks around but their to smart 🧐, anyway wishing you continued success and thks for posting,regards & Cheers jjmp 😆🍀👍

Hi Joel,when you posted this I was getting ready for our annual deer hunt . So could you Please come back and tell us what your Titan was chambered in . The stock looks custom ,as well as barrel and muzzle brake,your scope looks like a Kahles .😉 I know your a Very busy man these days,and I'm Proud of your hard earned success, but don't forget your fans that read and live vicariously through your posts and pictures on our great forum . I passed on several small bucks and delighted in watching the mother does still leading and teaching their yearlings the ropes ,there were some daddy bucks around but their to smart 🧐, anyway wishing you continued success and thks for posting,regards & Cheers jjmp 😆🍀👍

jjmp~

The rifle I was shooting on that trip was a 300 Norma Mag built on the Terminus Titan action. Bartlein 29.5" barrel, McMillan A-6 Supermag stock, Kahles 25i scope, Spuhr mount, and the Terminator brake. This rifle is an absolute pleasure to shoot.
Since that trip, I've taken it to the Black Bear Shooting Club in VA, and shot it out to 2,000 yards with great accuracy.

Love my Terminus Helios build in 300 PRC, had Marc from Spartan Precision Rifles spin it up with a heavy Brux barrel and a Mcmillan adjustable stock.. Shoots really good with 230 A tips out to 1780ish. Have 230 Berger hybrids to try next and I hope to take it out to 2000 yards soon. Thanks Joel for the post and a wonderful action. Thanks James at Barbour creek for you contributions to this sport. Cheers, Jason

I have to get myself to Barbour creek for some training. Would be a dream for me
Supermag, you really should, it's a great experience. Very nice bunkhouse, with good meals, great staff, great equipment and the shooting tower is awesome. I took the Level - 1 course and it was unbelievable. I went from never taking a shot past 250 yards (estimated; likely shorter) and never dialing a scope for elevation, ever; to hitting life-sized game targets out to 750 yards (I think). I also hit two clay skeet targets twice at 1000 yards and a hanging golf ball at 1001 yards. James Eagleman can call wind like nothing I've ever seen. It was cloudy when my class was there, so we didn't get a lot of practice calling the wind. I'd gladly go back!

Supermag, you really should, it's a great experience. Very nice bunkhouse, with good meals, great staff, great equipment and the shooting tower is awesome. I took the Level - 1 course and it was unbelievable. I went from never taking a shot past 250 yards (estimated; likely shorter) and never dialing a scope for elevation, ever; to hitting life-sized game targets out to 750 yards (I think). I also hit two clay skeet targets twice at 1000 yards and a hanging golf ball at 1001 yards. James Eagleman can call wind like nothing I've ever seen. It was cloudy when my class was there, so we didn't get a lot of practice calling the wind. I'd gladly go back!
One of these days I will.