Keith Warren takes a doe during at Barbour Creek

Looks like a spinal shot in the middle of the rib cage. Effective at killing the deer? Obviously. Not a great shot to market the validity of the instruction at BC, which is way better than the example provided.

Attachments

• bckw.jpg
    bckw.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 112
--- I remember that vid

Looks like a spinal shot in the middle of the rib cage. Effective at killing the deer? Obviously. Not a great shot to market the validity of the instruction at BC, which is way better than the example provided.
Agreed. This was a very high shot and almost a miss over the deer. At only 475 yds, that's nothing to brag about.

I've had lots of marginal shots…. but I also don't use them for advertising a shooting school. I recon if I did, then I'd be throwing myself to the mercy of internet experts.

Looks like it was straight up the front leg to me…. but a minute or so high. Not a bad shot, but not the kind of precision I'd expect on a sub-500 yard target, from a bench, with a shooting coach, and $10k worth of wares.

Without being there I don't think you can accurately say where that bullet hit from that low light video. I have documented many of my kills. Impacts, especially in low light, are often not where they initially look. I'm not saying he didn't hit a touch high, but assuming he did is only doing one thing, assuming, and we all know how that can make people look.

It's similar to people complaining about bullet performance of the animal that "they made a perfect shot on" but never recovered the animal. You don't know what you don't know. So let's not pretend. Especially when all your doing is pointlessly derailing a thread.

Without being there I don't think you can accurately say where that bullet hit from that low light video. I have documented many of my kills. Impacts, especially in low light, are often not where they initially look. I'm not saying he didn't hit a touch high, but assuming he did is only doing one thing, assuming, and we all know how that can make people look.

It's similar to people complaining about bullet performance of the animal that "they made a perfect shot on" but never recovered the animal. You don't know what you don't know. So let's not pretend. Especially when all your doing is pointlessly derailing a thread.
The 2:40 mark gives a magnified view of the shot. I think the hair flying in the background threw people off. Like you said Cody "
You don't know what you don't know. So let's not pretend. Especially when all your doing is pointlessly derailing a thread."

Originally I also thought the shot might have been high. But on reviewing the video (2:42 mark) I'm pretty sure that the POI was in the crease. You can see the shock on the body. The hair flying up behind the doe is a distraction which pulls the eye up. Looking at the shock IMO might be a better indicator of POI.