The right scope for a horse pack LR rifle

To fit in scabbard horseback you definitely want a low profile turret and no larger than a 44mm bell. Any larger you will really have to cram in or get a scabbard made to fit. They can also get uncomfortable. I've carried all kinds of rifles a ton of miles horse back, I have a pretty good experience on this subject

I use a VX 3I with a 40mm bell on my horse back gun. I think a VX 3I, VX 5 and VX 6 are be perfect for horseback and carry. But I'm a luepy fan so........

Depends on your scabbard. You can also stretch leather quite a bit very easily by soaking it in rubbing alcohol and keep the stretch once it's set by oiling it.

I've had no issue with either my 50 or 52mm OBJ scopes.

You can also carry your scabbard "Texas rigged in front of your leg hanging straight down from the cantle and secured to the breast collar. I prefer that even with shotguns and iron sighted rifles as well.

To fit in scabbard horseback you definitely want a low profile turret and no larger than a 44mm bell. Any larger you will really have to cram in or get a scabbard made to fit. They can also get uncomfortable. I've carried all kinds of rifles a ton of miles horse back, I have a pretty good experience on this subject

I use a VX 3I with a 40mm bell on my horse back gun. I think a VX 3I, VX 5 and VX 6 are be perfect for horseback and carry. But I'm a luepy fan so........

I couldn't agree any more, well said.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.