The Return of the Venetian Blind...

tt35

The Return of the Venetian Blind...

We killed the fatted calf a couple of days ago so against my wife's wishes, I had the kill wagon put the gut pile in the front pasture again. I've had a couple of lookers but hadn't got a shot. (This blind hunting is a lot harder than you'd think! :rolleyes: ) This morning I had one coming in at daylight but opening the window of the blind scared it off. Fortunately, it was warm enough to leave the window open without freezing my better half until it returned. (Notice the strategically placed heating system for the blind. lightbulb ) The suppressor allowed a shot without having to stick the muzzle out the window, aka Iraq sniper, which is another stumbling block to this challenging method of hunting. The Jack Russell terrier, Gracie, is my remote alarm device. She goes nuts when a coyote shows up. All in all a pretty satisfying morning of "hunting". :D

Have a nice day!

Awesome. You are hunting in more style than I have in the past. To eliminate all he spooking of game when I opened the window, I used to hide under a piece of newspaper and slowly inch the sliding door open. Coyotes, squirrels, birds and groundhogs used to fall in piles behind my dad's back door.

I'm not sure why I can't manage the ambition to get the paperwork for a suppressor started.

A friend with a litter of puppies, has the coyotes coming up close, this could be ideal. The neighbors are a touch closer than yours.

It's good to see Gracie is still on the job.

It must be genetics, my daughter objects to me shooting in the house!

Now THAT is my kind of toughing it out hunting. Like the choir of song dogs who woke me up a few nights ago (keep the window cracked) But to keep from waking the wife I put the suppressor out the window. Spotlight lit up the closest dog at @75 yards quite nicely. She never heard a thing. The wife that is.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.