Blinded by the light

Tnwhip

I when back of the farm yesterday evening set up in my blind. Saw 3 nice bucks in velvet. They will be nice bucks this season. I was waiting for the sun to go behind the tree line before calling because it is right in my face. I was set up looking around and I see 2 yotes crossing the field 160 yards out. I knew what was going to happen but I tried to look through the scope but was blinded by the sun. There was nothing I could do but let them go. About 20 minutes later, after the sun was behind the trees, I tried calling but nothing came, they were long gone. I am Fixing to go see if they come back this evening. Hopefully they will come later. I have sades but will try some mesh or maybe put some sun glasses over my lens LOL:):cool::cool:

When back this morning set up at 5:45 . I was sitting looking around the field and a doe came running out of the tree line into the field. She was chasing a coyote. They were 400 yards away. She kept running him around and they went back into the trees. I started with the fawn bleat. The doe came running across the field toward my caller that was 50 yards to my left. She looked around then trotted to the middle of the field and got her fawn and went to the tree line. I kept calling and in about 15 minutes the coyote came out in front of me at 400 yds He closed to 260 yds and stopped' I should have taken the shot he would have been dead but I thought he would come in closer. He turned and headed back. He stopped at 400 yards and I shot and missed. If I had had my swift or any other of my rifles he would be buzzard bait. I was shooting a new AR 15 that I just sighted in at 100 yards yesterday and it has a cheep scope that a friend gave me so I could shoot it some. I usually take the swift but didn't this morning. I wanted to shoot a yote with the new gun. Dumb move on my part. I want ever take a gun with scope that I have not shot at distance and a scope that you can't dial the range. I have been going every morning and evening sense I saw the two coyotes the other day and the sun blinded me. I will go after them again next week

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts