The PRC die "problem"

Your comparing max case to min chamber. The real numbers are the brass vs min chamber. So .530 for ADG brass and .533" for min chamber. In the 7 saum you have .545 ADG brass, .551 chamber. Min vs Max specs do not always reflect on reality.

Last edited:
3rd firing of hornady brass in 300 prc.

Had done ladder tests up to 81 grains of RL 26 before bolt was stiff.

Today was doing group tests and blew a primer at 78 grains of RL 26.

Web width after each firing.
1st - .531
2nd - .5315
3rd - .533

I'm done with hornady brass.

Luckily got a hundred new ADG brass yesterday finally.

Not sure what my plan is. Will be measuring brass closely in this rifle.

Right piece of brass is the blown primer.

20210117_205155.jpg

20210117_204505.jpg

3rd firing of hornady brass in 300 prc.

Had done ladder tests up to 81 grains of RL 26 before bolt was stiff.

Today was doing group tests and blew a primer at 78 grains of RL 26.

Web width after each firing.
1st - .531
2nd - .5315
3rd - .533

I'm done with hornady brass.

Luckily got a hundred new ADG brass yesterday finally.

Not sure what my plan is. Will be measuring brass closely in this rifle.

Right piece of brass is the blown primer.

View attachment 242877

View attachment 242878
ADG will grow at the web too with warm powder charges. The brass is pretty thick at the web too and will resist sizing. The best thing to do: send your barrel to a good smith and have him open up your chamber by a few thou at the web area. I've done this with my 6.5prc and I'll be firing it for the first time since modification, tomorrow hopefully.

Hello all. I was made aware of this issue from a thread on another hunting forums. Just finished putting together my 300 PRC with a proof carbon prefit. Waiting on the Lapua brass to get here supposedly at the end of the month, but it seems sooner or later I'll likely be experiencing this issue. After reading every page of this thread I think I have a pretty good understanding of the problem, though the video describing the "clicking" issue referenced on page three no longer works.

Has anyone actually opened their chamber up yet, be it with a larger spec'd reamer or polishing?

Hello all. I was made aware of this issue from a thread on another hunting forums. Just finished putting together my 300 PRC with a proof carbon prefit. Waiting on the Lapua brass to get here supposedly at the end of the month, but it seems sooner or later I'll likely be experiencing this issue. After reading every page of this thread I think I have a pretty good understanding of the problem, though the video describing the "clicking" issue referenced on page three no longer works.

Has anyone actually opened their chamber up yet, be it with a larger spec'd reamer or polishing?
Make sure you know what a clicker is and keep your eye on it. Mine was showing them and without this thread i wouldn't have recognized what they are. Video doesn't work for me anymore either. I was able to watch it before.

I had my 6.5 prc opened up in a lathe. My 7-300 prc is still being built, and waiting for his set back reamer to arrive. My barrels already chambered but the new reamer will open the web up an extra 2k.

I had my 6.5 prc opened up in a lathe. My 7-300 prc is still being built, and waiting for his set back reamer to arrive. My barrels already chambered but the new reamer will open the web up an extra 2k.
Thanks for the pointer to the video DangerRanger.

Highdrum,

Did opening your chamber alleviate the issue for your 6.5?

Recent Posts