The PRC die "problem"

I have decided to make a run (12) 300 PRC dies. Its not a thing I enjoy to do. But if people want them I will keep doing it. I have a new reamer on order and blanks will be nitrided. Stay tuned. If you guys like them I will do other cases as well.
Same to you @Elk Hunter 338!

I would like to be on the list for a 6.5prc🙏!

I have decided to make a run (12) 300 PRC dies. Its not a thing I enjoy to do. But if people want them I will keep doing it. I have a new reamer on order and blanks will be nitrided. Stay tuned. If you guys like them I will do other cases as well.
I received a 300prc proof prefit for my AI. How does a person know this will be an issue down the road? Is there any way to prevent this before it happens? ie. send my bbl to you or buy one of your dies?

Min SAAMI spec chambers wouldn't have issues if die manufactures wouldn't polish out the die so much. I am at the point that i will either add .002 to end of chamber, or get a custom die made.

Short Action Customs is taking a poll of what sizing die they should make (next?), and 300 PRC is in the running. Take the time and vote!

Vote for 300 PRC here

Full disclosure: I did order a seating and resizing die from them last week. Other than that, no affiliation. I liked what I saw, and would like to see them make one for the 300 PRC. You can check out the various things they've come up with at the following link:

https://www.shortactioncustoms.com/sac-original-products-1

I have no issue with others making the dies. I cant do volume. But I think with so many doing it right now I think I wont be investing in the reamers and blanks. Last thing I need is to end up sitting on them. I cant compete with the prices of cnc made dies.

Last edited:
Sorry, fellas.

tenor.gif

So I can shed a bit more light here, I had my chamber opened up at the web 0.002" for the first 0.250 of chamber. I have had 145 match burners(long bullet and bearing surface) up to 3170fps from a 24" barrel(light ejector marks above 3120fps). I get the click still above 3080-3100 fps. That click after running the fired case back into the chamber is coming from approx 0.35-0.4" above case head. This adg brass has been fired several times(5x) using first a Hornady match then a rcbs matchmaster dies that only size the base to 5305-531. I have a tighter dimensioned bulletcentral die coming and will see if this helps at all. I do realize these speeds are high and pressure is likely well above 70k psi. I will not run the loads there as it's unnecessary and overpressure. New brass in conjunction with the newer smaller spec die should be able to let a guy run upper 3000s for speed and not deal with click. This is a Tikka action with a shorter bolt lift, idk if having all the extraction done in a shorter throw will show clickers sooner vs a high end 90° action? I have never done any research of comparison to that.