The new rig or rigs....

41mag

WEll I can honestly say that I really wasn't up to the challenge of breaking in the barrel on my new rig. I was however wanting to shoot the whole box of 50 though it, and get down to business. However, sanity took over, and I shot the first round yesterday around 10 or so in the morning.

I would have gotten to it a bit earlier but, I had to wait on my bud to return from the woods, in order to recieve my belated birthday present. (I have to add that the wait was well worth it however.) So they return from a trip out in the woods, and have to drive up to the house to get it. He comes back giggling and hands me this package wrapped in a flower pattern paper. Very pretty I might add. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So I begin to unwrap the paper, and find inside a boot box, with a pair of old work boots inside. Well I know the box was way to heavy for just a pair of boots, so I inspect a little further.

They had the tops stuck one inside the other and upon pulling them apart, I see the ported muzzle of a SS barrel sticking out and recogonize it immediately.

He went and got me a brand new Taurus, 8 3/8" barreled Raging Bull SS in 454 Casull. Man hows that for a bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, after the wait, the unwrapping, and the show and tell on the 270 AM, then several rounds to get the new 454 hand cannon on paper, I set up and fired my first round through the 270.

Like the feller on the Dodge commercial say's, SWEEEET

Nothing fancy, 98grs of coal,(WC-872), and some bud 140gr bullets. Figured they would work great for fireforming and barrel break in. I managed to get off around 6 shots in around 5 or so hours. Between talking and cleaning, and cleaning some more. No hurries, I will be back up there again this weekend to get some serious time behind the triggers of both of them. I didn't take the chrono at this time as I figure no sence worrying about things until I get the barrel done. Then I will start looking into how fast things go.

The way I see it those hogs aren't going to know what hit them or which way to run from it./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well, hmmmmmm.....

All I got today was a little red box from jimm. I think he thinks its a disposable chrony. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

454 Casull, eh, hit'em in the hoof and give'em nose bleed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Meanwhile I'm settin' here patiently waiting for one of them there 270 AM thingers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking forward to bullet performance on those hogs. Want to see some gory wound channels and internal affects of that WC bullet. Give a shot at boing through 3 or 4 of those porkers so we can see a recovered bullet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As Kirby says, good shootin...

454 C- better you than me. I'm just way to wimpy for that

A little box came today with 60 brand new 240 Wby cases in it. That brings me to over 200 cases. I'll need em all if I should see a antelope at over 1000yds being as there is no skill involved in my shooting, its just all luck.

Well, there are two revolvers I have wanted for a LONG time. One is the 45 Long Colt, the other is the Casull. With this , I get both in one. The best part is the ports on the top tame a LOT of the upward force imparted by top end loads. The other good thing is the full underlug which help hold things smooth and steady for leading game. Of course it also helps tame the recoil as well.

As for the gory pictures and multiple target recovered bullets, that is coming soon I hope. Heck I could have done it yesterday if I had gone with them in the afternoon. They came up on several dozen that just stood milling around while all they could do was watch and wish they had a gun. LOL Course that would have been way too close for the potential of the AM, but it would have started off the Casull nicely.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.