The MOA Strikes Again

Ernie

SPONSOR
Last Saturday was the first time I have taken a big game animal with my MOA. My two children have taken cow & bull elk, buck and doe whitetail and doe antelope with the MOA but I have let them use it and I used other handguns.
This past Saturday while spending time with TCKev (soon to be XPKev :D?) and Steve H. (sscoyote) I was able to make a stalk and shooot a yearling uncommon doe under 200 yards.
IMG_3181.jpg

This morning I went outside of Gillette, and set up for a buck I had been initially trying to get with a bow, but he was no match for the MOA. Again, the shot was under 200 yards.
IMG_3201.jpg

My son will be using this same MOA for deer and antelope as well.
18" SS McGowen 1-7 twist barrel, Muzzle brake is one of Rich's new designs, Rich's picatinny base, Rich's aluminum insert forend, and a 30mm tube, side focus Leupold Vari-XIII LR/T 8.5-25.
Cartridge is the 6mm-6.5x47 Lapua, H-4350, Fed. match primers,and Berger's 105 grain VLD.
Dropped the buck this morning like a sack of potatoes.
I am very pleased with the Bergers.
Hope to get Erik out this weekend on a buck Antelope.

Ernie, great hunting/shooting !! Thanks for the pictures. Nice MOA setup! The caliber is one I have in a rifle and it shoots very well. I am thinking of having an XP-100R customized to this caliber. I am having a hard time deciding on the caliber. One day it is the 6x6.5x47 and the next it is 6.5x47 and once in a while it is 284Win. If I win the lottery it will be all 3!!

Ernie, great hunting/shooting !! Thanks for the pictures. Nice MOA setup! The caliber is one I have in a rifle and it shoots very well. I am thinking of having an XP-100R customized to this caliber. I am having a hard time deciding on the caliber. One day it is the 6x6.5x47 and the next it is 6.5x47 and once in a while it is 284Win. If I win the lottery it will be all 3!!

Can't go wrong with a switch barrel XP!

Switch barrel may do the trick. I have a couple of switch barrel rifles, but they rarely ever get switched. I guess once I get them sighted in and shooting well, I hate to change them.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.