The BEST hearing protection for shooting.

I just realized I haven't shared these awesome ear plugs with anyone besides my immediate shooting buddies. These are AMAZING for the money. And I've have $2000 custom molded electric ear plugs also. I quit using them when I found these. These amplify sound for all around use, and immediately shut off at the sound of a shot. I wear them when I'm shooting, still-hunting through timber, duck hunting & everything else shooting related. Pair them with some awesome molded ear piece attachments from Amazon and you won't regret it! You charge the main ear plug case, and every time you put the individual ear plugs back into the case, it then charges the ear plugs. The batteries LAST. I've worn the ear plugs from 7:00am-2:00pm and they still have 40% left when I dropped them back into their case. I highly recommend!

Comply Professional Noise Isolating Earphone Tips for NuForce, ISOtunes PRO, Q-Jays, Etymotic Research, Westone, Shure & More P-Series Memory Foam Replacement Earbud Tips (Medium, 3-pairs) Amazon product ASIN B003VNB0UC
TOO LATE....... Didn't realize how much hearing I've lost and how I actually rely on lip reading to a large extent until COVID mask-up hit and I couldn't see other's lips. My communication ability really nose dived. Have used cancelling/amplification ear muff electronic units, with foam in-ear plugs when on the bigger guns like my Barretts, for years. Had been considering in-ear noise cancelling/amplification hearing protection for hunting to amplify ambient sounds. Those deer and turkey seem to be getting better at silently sneaking past me. :) :) Thanks for the recommendation.. I assume the foam tips shown fit the hearing protectors??

Whatever...

20220401_091326.jpg

TOO LATE....... Didn't realize how much hearing I've lost and how I actually rely on lip reading to a large extent until COVID mask-up hit and I couldn't see other's lips. My communication ability really nose dived. Have used cancelling/amplification ear muff electronic units, with foam in-ear plugs when on the bigger guns like my Barretts, for years. Had been considering in-ear noise cancelling/amplification hearing protection for hunting to amplify ambient sounds. Those deer and turkey seem to be getting better at silently sneaking past me. :) :) Thanks for the recommendation.. I assume the foam tips shown fit the hearing protectors??
Yes those foam tips i added the link too fit on the OTTOs 👍🏼👍🏼

I wear Sordin Supreme hearing protection. The Sordins are very comfortable and the sound reproduction/amplification is very good. Or, you can just leave the amp off like I often do.
Don't be fooled by the printed NRR ratings. Manufacturers can manipulate these numbers all over the place. Unscrupulous manufactures know how to use high ratings that aren't realistic for shooting purposes. It's worth looking into if it interests you.

Bought some Ottos 4-5 years ago. Two levels with amplifier. Seek to work well, you can use them a week without plugging in (use the box).

I wear Sordin Supreme hearing protection. The Sordins are very comfortable and the sound reproduction/amplification is very good. Or, you can just leave the amp off like I often do.
Don't be fooled by the printed NRR ratings. Manufacturers can manipulate these numbers all over the place. Unscrupulous manufactures know how to use high ratings that aren't realistic for shooting purposes. It's worth looking into if it interests you.

I use the Sordins as well with the gel pads when using muffs and like them so much more than the Howard lights I used prior. They work great when doubled up with foam in earplugs as well when needed like at an indoor range.

For dogital in ears the Otto's are my favorite as they are the most natural sounding compared to any other sound protection device I've used before. I also use the Complys listed in the first post and like them as I use Complys in all my other ear buds.for music. Some may find the professional series a little long though. It took me a few hours to get used to the length but now they don't bother me.

Being an old guy with a lifetime of shooting behind him, and knowing a lot of other old guys in the same boat I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you go through a lifetime of shooting you will be death or nearly so in the end no matter what you spend on hearing protection if you don't pair it with a good suppressor on the end of the gun. Without that it is not possible to reduce the DB enough to save your hearing. Putting Suppressors in the NFA was one of the meaner things the feds did to the citizens of this country.
I'm 64 and I'm living proof of what you're saying, The best protect is to wear two ear plugs. One enter and one outer. I made the mistake of adjusting mine while at a shoot and the guy next to me shoot his 6 creed with a break and It got me good. I am already 60% deaf in both my ears do to shooting and growing up on a farm with everything associated with it. Anybody thinks the in the ear plugs by them self will protect there hearing are live in a pipe dream. Oh not to mention that a top of the line hearing aid cost around the $3,000 each X2 $6,000. And no they are not like glasses that give you 20 /20 vision. At best you might get 80%. I know because I have wore them for 40 years and have bought over 10 pairs of them.

I'm 64 and I'm living proof of what you're saying, The best protect is to wear two ear plugs. One enter and one outer. I made the mistake of adjusting mine while at a shoot and the guy next to me shoot his 6 creed with a break and It got me good. I am already 60% deaf in both my ears do to shooting and growing up on a farm with everything associated with it. Anybody thinks the in the ear plugs by them self will protect there hearing are live in a pipe dream. Oh not to mention that a top of the line hearing aid cost around the $3,000 each X2 $6,000. And no they are not like glasses that give you 20 /20 vision. At best you might get 80%. I know because I have wore them for 40 years and have bought over 10 pairs of them.
Then there's the part where they rarely last more than 3 years.

Suppressors folks. Listen to @RockyRandy

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Suppressors folks. Listen to @RockyRandy

The mere mention of suppressors in NY will get you 20yrs in Attica. The laws need to be changed but we're unlikely to see a Conservative in office here with 9 million left-wingers in NYC alone.
Hearing protection is our only option. The advent of muzzle brakes has exacerbated the hearing loss issue for regular shooters/hunters.

No these ones are custom moulded to your ear canal. They mould your ear canal and then they get them made.
Last forever unless loose then 🤣
I had a pair made many years ago. They worked fine and sure are easy to carry. However, I'm told that the ear canal changes shape & size over time. Could even be related to changes in body weight. Supposedly, custom molded plugs need to be replaced with newly molded plugs from time-to-time.