the 5.56 vs 308 debate

I believe, but pray not, that a civil war is in the brewing and it will be between the government and the people!! I have both calibers and am proficient with both, it will depend upon the situation that determines which is better.

Getting into a home defense battle with government troops will not be good for your health. Have you forgotten the events a Waco Texas in 1993? Do you think Barak and Eric are more concerned with traditional US values than Bill and Janet? 5.56 vs 308 won't matter against APCs and flamable gas. Who gets elected in November matters more.

Well I hope you're wrong. But I do find what you say quit interesting. The U.N. is trying to draft some kind of arms treaty with our government right now! I do believe our brothers and sisters in service would help us against such an attack on our constitution. But at the same time who would have to enforce it? It's a terrible prospect.

Well I hope you're wrong. But I do find what you say quit interesting. The U.N. is trying to draft some kind of arms treaty with our government right now! I do believe our brothers and sisters in service would help us against such an attack on our constitution. But at the same time who would have to enforce it? It's a terrible prospect.

Good points

Our government is not going to just take your guns away, they do it SLOWLY with little laws congrass and the senate make. No one will freak out too much, back in the 90's the ASSAULT WEAPONS ban laws restricted what you could buy.

After this nut case in the theater in Aurora, you can rest asure the anti gun dem nazi's will have plenty of ammo to rile up the general public to go along with them, and new gun ban are comming.

millions of criminals and gangs carry guns in Chicago, but do you see people riled up because they are not allowed to carry a weapon to defend themselves and carry a handgun in the state of IL?

the military WILL do what they are told, the troops will not question their superiors, or they will be punished. the police will do what the fed government TELLS them or the FED Government will threaten to cut off all funds to that state or town, and then the Governer and mayors will do what they are told, and tell the cheif of police to FIRE any cop who does not follow orders.

I'm not one to live in panic and be nervous all the time. I just know it can happen, and chose not to stick my head in the sand and say "it can't happen"

I don't have an AR (looking at getting one now after the shooting that will cause us to lose some rights
I have SKS and many bolt rifles shotguns.)

Also the goverment will do this one house at a time, not yell out a loudspeaker "give up your guns"
You will look out your window one day and see down the street where a guy did not give his guns up, and you will see police, Swat, military and AFV using advanced weapons.. You will not run down to help him, most others will not either, the military has SAWS and all kinda of high tech weapons, Bullet proof vest that can stop 300 win mags etc, stuff you can not get.

You will be next in a few days time.

the biggest threat to them is not you and your guns, but the ballot box. The media has most of that covered though with all the anti gun people brain washing people.

our Goverment has made it so most people care less about guns or hunting. And that is less voters to go agaist them.
35 years ago everyone hunted, now hardly any youth hunts, the governments passed laws to make it hard to hunt, people born after 1986 have to take a 10 hour hunter safty course to get a hunting license, pay for it, take time to go to it etc.

We learned from our elders how what to do and not to do on hunting safety. It is a good thing to learn, but kids just say "forget it" mostly.

That is less voters for the leftists to worry about
it may be 5 10 or 25 years till guns are outlawed, but it will happen.

All it takes is one big false flag event and they will ban all weapons. Im thinking something big is going to happen during the Olympics in London and it will be blamed on Iran or other Arabs. Israel is sending out all the propaganda ahead of time. The blame will start shifting over to the "christians"at some point.
Israel is already blaming Iran for a terrorist attack on the olympics before it even happens LOL
You can bet whatever the government/Media tells us about the event that takes place in London in a few days, whatever they tell us is a LIE. Israel/USA has it all planned out.
I'll be surprised if nothing happens in London during the Olympics, or even here in the US

Also I believe this Aurora shooting has the CIA prints all over it. This kid has been mind screwed by the CIA and is all drugged up. Right before the UN small arms treaty this happens? Fast and Furious was an attempt by our Federal government to demonize our second amendment...you think this wasnt? The Feds have been caught many times in the past few years attempting false flags. I believe this shooting was all CIA staged

All it takes is one big false flag event and they will ban all weapons. Im thinking something big is going to happen during the Olympics in London and it will be blamed on Iran or other Arabs. Israel is sending out all the propaganda ahead of time. The blame will start shifting over to the "christians"at some point.
Israel is already blaming Iran for a terrorist attack on the olympics before it even happens LOL
You can bet whatever the government/Media tells us about the event that takes place in London in a few days, whatever they tell us is a LIE. Israel/USA has it all planned out.
I'll be surprised if nothing happens in London during the Olympics, or even here in the US

I agree, Israel is for the most part, owners of most of the world banks, and has control over much political powers in the US and Europe. I do not support them.

They will not ban weapons just outright, it would be a disaster for the political party that does so. They do it sneaky and little by little, so no red flags get put up by the american people. Spread it out over years.

take care

Actually, first they will blame it on the Tea Party...

Does anybody know why Romney outlawed ar-15s when he was gov. of mass.? Tried doing a search but couldn't really find a straight answer!

Same reason he set up Romney care.. Because he is a liberal, or a progressive.. At least he understands the business cycle. Believe this, he will be better for the country, but our gun rights? He may be worse than Barry as he can attack them from the right flank...
After they ban the guns that shoot fast, they will ban the ones that can shoot too far..

Same reason he set up Romney care.. Because he is a liberal, or a progressive.. At least he understands the business cycle. Believe this, he will be better for the country, but our gun rights? He may be worse than Barry as he can attack them from the right flank...
After they ban the guns that shoot fast, they will ban the ones that can shoot too far..

THE NRA will keep him in line,he used to be somewhat anti gun, but has done a 180. I am not sure of his true feeling

But on his 2nd term, he has nothing to loose. Hope to see Berrok removed, but then only see one term for Romney

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.