Texas Youth Hunt

mrbigtexan

My sons youth hunt was last week in Colorado bend state park. It was a great time! Although it wasn't long range, it was 2 great placed shots out of the 7mag from my 12 year old son! I loaded a 140gr. Federal fusion on top of h4831sc and it worked fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3490.jpg
    IMG_3490.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3488.jpg
    IMG_3488.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 188
i CO bend a good place to go? i'm looking to take my son, and was thinking of just finding a place for paints or corsican.

Thank you everyone! It was a great time! As far as this being a good place to go, it was the first time we had been there but it is a very great place to go! The rangers and park staff were very very nice. There's a lot of brush so long shots aren't likely. There is a lot of up and down terrain and climbing. It's a draw hunt only but is free to the youth hunters. Primitive camping is available.

Congrats on the draw and the nice sheep!

I hit the Exotic jackpot on my draw in Texas...I drew the Devils River SNA. It is semi desert semi mountainous. Ive been told it is run over with huge herds of Aoudad, other sheep, Spanish Goats and a few Axis Deer.

The best part is they want there numbers reduced, so it listed as unlimited quota. I will be looking for some big ram Aoudad.

The area is wide open and shot can be very very long. I'm tuning my newest build just for this hunt. I just got the stock finished last week...300 win mag on a VZ-24 BRUO Mauser action...So I hope to make some long shots.

I drew another great exotic hunt a few years ago on Mason Mountain WMA. The were trying to kill off the Ibex/Spanish goat crosses they had. I did my best in a day and half and took 7 Ibex and one Black 44" Spanish Goat.

Congrats again...I would do anything if my dad could still get around to hunt with me...he turns 80 right before my January hunt.

Congrats on the draw and the nice sheep!

I hit the Exotic jackpot on my draw in Texas...I drew the Devils River SNA. It is semi desert semi mountainous. Ive been told it is run over with huge herds of Aoudad, other sheep, Spanish Goats and a few Axis Deer.

The best part is they want there numbers reduced, so it listed as unlimited quota. I will be looking for some big ram Aoudad.

The area is wide open and shot can be very very long. I'm tuning my newest build just for this hunt. I just got the stock finished last week...300 win mag on a VZ-24 BRUO Mauser action...So I hope to make some long shots.

I drew another great exotic hunt a few years ago on Mason Mountain WMA. The were trying to kill off the Ibex/Spanish goat crosses they had. I did my best in a day and half and took 7 Ibex and one Black 44" Spanish Goat.

Congrats again...I would do anything if my dad could still get around to hunt with me...he turns 80 right before my January hunt.
How did it go?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.