Texas Magnum?

I have one that I built years ago. It started as an action from Brownell's that I barreled in .25-06. Later, I opened up the bolt face and it is now a tight-neck 7mm Rem Mag. Mine is a left hand action in a Fajen walnut/maple laminated stock.

Mine dates from the first half of the 1970's. It works OK but it is NOT a 70 Win or 700 Rem. I bought it beacuse I am left handed, wanted to build a rifle, was out of the service, in college, and not made out of money. The WORST thing about the design is that the trigger group is separate (yes separate) from the action. It is not pinned, screwed, or in any other way attached to the action. Therefore, the trigger group MUST be properly positioned in the stock. The safety is a cross block on the trigger guard that blocks the trigger only (ala, shotgun and rimfire rifle). As far as I know, they are out of business, maybe these are reasons why.

I use mine strictly as a varmint rifle in the PD towns with 168 MK's.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.