Testing and rezero the 6.5x284 and 308

Dave King

After I installed that bubble level thing on my 308 and 6.5x284 I reset the scopes and needed a re-zero (the better part of the exercise).

A trip up to WV to shoot and here's the result(s).

tada

SingingHamster-sm.jpg

G-A Precision M40A1 type 308. Fed GMM 168's, Leupold 3.5 x 10 M1 LR, Harris bipod and sand sock rear rest.

Confirmation three (3) shot group.

M40A1-GA-308-GMM168-100yd-1-sm.JPG

Fouling/bore sight and three (3) shot group.

M40A1-GA-GMM168-100-2-sm.JPG

Tac-Ord 6.5x284, Rem 700, Nikon 2.5x10 Tactical, Harris, sand sock.

142 Sierra MK in unfired brass, three (3) shot group.

65x284-TO-142MK-100-1-sm.JPG

140 Game King in once fired brass, fouling/bore sight and three (3) shot group.

65x284-TO-140GK-100-1-sm.JPG

Petander

Yeah, I think my shoulder pressure and placement on the rifle butt was a little inconsistent but the groups will do for a zero.

Yeah, I guess you remember my whining about all the horizontal drift I had with that 338LM -until I eventually believed it was the bedding.

I got really allergic to horizontal drift then.
mad.gif

Those groups of yours are what I´d like to see on my targets ,it´s all shoulder and breathing re-work in my case, now that the drift is gone. Well my groups are 2 to 4 times bigger but still... they are consistant now and can only get better.
grin.gif

Good shooting.
smile.gif

I have a quick question about how you measure your groups i see that you got a .700 tho group then minus 308 is that how you (everybody measures them)

then i'm gonna start celebrating right about
now
grin.gif
grin.gif

cause i've always measured edge to edge and
never subtracted.

That is how I measure them. If not, even a 1 shot group would measure .308 (or whatever diameter bullet you shoot.
Some measure from outside to nearside of farthest bullet hole. This can give you a good idea, but when you get to groups as nice as Dave's, the outside to outside minus bullet diameter works great.

Yup, like stated.

Measure the outside and subtract one bullet diameter to get a center-to-center measurement.

Great shooting Dave. Say Dave where are ya from originally?

I know a couple of Dave Kings from the Charleston WV area.

I'm originally from Wisconsin. No relation to anyone from WV that I know of. I'm second generation U. S. type American. My grandfather was born in Ontario, Canada, last name then was Roy or Roi, changed upon arrival in the U. S. probably due to bad feelings for the French.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.