Testing Some Pic's from the ranch

Spino

Testing Some Pic\'s from the ranch

ok, I think I got the hang of it... see below.. I got some pictures to share from last season 2005/2006.. If any of you guys/girls have some pics as well please share? I can't wait till this season opens up.. We are in South Texas.. Let's see how many pic's we can get live/dead from where you hunt.. I know some guys are from Australia, so maybe we can go around the World with this? I love shooting them with the camera too..

Re: Testing Some Pic\'s from the ranch

[image]
Dec282930020.jpg
[/image]

11pt - Mr. Macho! This guy rules all the other bucks gave way to him within a 1/2 mile of the area which I saw him in... Didn't shoot this guy because I shot another one that was bigger. I passed on him the first time I saw him, then went back and hunted him after everybody said why didn't you shoot that deer... Well I went back to hun him and ended up shooting a bigger deer that stole my heart. I'll post some pics of him.. This 11pt had a split G2 that curled back. I'll try and post some close ups. He let me potograph him several times...

So many deer; so little time! My heart bleeds for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It must be great to have access to genetics like that, Congrats on your hunt, I can't wait to see the BIG one you killed.

Dave

HPIM0282.jpg

14pt scored 163 3/8 6 1/2yrs old.. 7mag took care of this one @ 160yds.. Not long range, but with my heart beating as it was I thought it was.....

[image]
DSC00663.jpg
[/image]

These may be a little dark, I hope they come out.. I didn't turn the flash on the camera. Got caught up in the moment.

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

14ptwallmount.jpg

and the final wall mount....

This guy is for this year..

[image]
EaglesNest014.jpg
[/image]

photographed this 11pt with the 6" drop tine on the right beam after I shot the 14pt.. We only allow each other 1 trophy buck per year on the ranch... I'll be hunting this guy hard this year.. We have low fences, so I hope he made it through the year..

Spino,

I have basically haven't been able to do any serious hunting for the last couple of years, until then I hunted deer & elk in OR & MT and did quite a bit of quail hunting in GA. T'm planning a Bighorn hunt in 2007 & hopefully will be able to get a Aoudad later that year.

Dave

nice bucks we have a ranch 11 miles north of freer off 59 by the welder ranch lots of hogs and deer been bow hunting the last couple of weeks but no luck yet just took a couple of hogs we've had 12 inchs of rain the last 3 months and every thing is so green the deer havent been coming in to the feeders like they where back in july i'll take the camera and see if i can get some pics wish i had it sun evening had a bobcat come sit under my tree stand good luck on the up coming season

I did the Wildlife Ecology training out at the Welder ranch several years back. That place is heaven for white-tails. They were starting to sell some hunts then. I saw some monsters out there doing spot-light counts for them. Beautiful country!

yea its nice the old timers say its been 30 yrs since they have seen it this green flowers and butterflys everywhere you'd thing it was spring i heard the welder might be up for sale my buddy that has 800 acres next to us was telling me about it what is it about 22000 acres can't even imagine the asking price i'm going to try and get some pics to post here if i don't end up working sun take care

stxhunter,

It's mandatory for me to take my camera everytime I hunt! The trail game camera prove to be a and awesome scout for us. We see deer we have never seen before.. We are between Freer & Laredo on 59... Also using the Buck Spy software to track the deer on the ranch. Was down there last weekend with my daughter who is 6 1/2 checking on a few things.. Tell me about the rain, man the deer have allot to eat right now. [image]
IMG_0058.jpg
[/image]

[image]
IMG_0059.jpg
[/image]

My little helper.. There were several time she said dad we are going to get stuck!! It was fun for her first time.. We will probably do some late season hunting together..

[image]
IMG_0032.jpg
[/image]

do the fences you have around your feeders do a good job of keeping the hogs out seems like for every one i shoot two more show up to take its place

they do a good job of keeping the hogs out. we have all our feeders penned up. run about 14 pannels per pen.. I think the hogs are jealous... don't know if you have cows, but they seem to think that the feeders are their playgound if you know what I mean..

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.