Testing a 300 Win Mag and shooting the 22RF

Dave King

Heading over to WV in a few to try out a Rem 700 Sendaro in 300 Win Mag. Put a Horus Vision scope on it and figure to launch a few Black Hills match 190 MK's at a few targets. Been a while since I've owned a factory gun and this should be educational.

Gonna shoot Frank4570's 22 RF targets too. I believe it's a 200 yard version this time (short compared to that last 300 yard attempt).

I'll take my new dog, Heinous, and let her play in the briars, she hates briars!

Heinous-8wks-sm.JPG

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Dave,
Great looking pup, and a nice picture too. Not sure about that name tho, hope she does not live up to it
smile.gif

Our gundogs, Winchester and Remington, plain do not like guns. Hope your little rascal does better.

Dave King shooting a factory rifle, hmmmm.

Made it back, gusty winds and rain up there in WV. Heinous and I had a good time anyway, shot the 300 WM a bit to get a zero. Took a few rounds to clean the cleaning out of the barrel (foulers). I didn't have a stock pack on the rifle and the scope heighth is a little awkward but???

Here's the three targets I shot, 100 yards, 10 to 15mph winds from 9 o'clock, temp mid 40's. I used some factory Black Hills match 190's, 10 rounds.

The trigger has been lightened, the stock screws set to 65 inch/lbs, got some Badger bases and rings and a Horus Vision scope. Stick a Harris bipod on it and shot prone using a "sand sock" as a rear rest.

Bore sight and three (3) shot group.

300WN-Sendaro-1st.JPG

Second three (3) shot group, moved the scope a little.

300WM-Sendaro-2nd.JPG

Third three (3) shot group, moved the windage .25 MOA left and figure it's good enough zero for a three (3) day hog hunt next week down in Savannah, GA.

300WM-Sendaro-3rd.JPG

Hereeee piggy piggy piggy.....

P. S. Didn't get to shoot the 22RF match targets... toooo windy and a little wet.

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.