Testing a 300 Win Mag and shooting the 22RF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave King, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Heading over to WV in a few to try out a Rem 700 Sendaro in 300 Win Mag. Put a Horus Vision scope on it and figure to launch a few Black Hills match 190 MK's at a few targets. Been a while since I've owned a factory gun and this should be educational.

Gonna shoot Frank4570's 22 RF targets too. I believe it's a 200 yard version this time (short compared to that last 300 yard attempt).

I'll take my new dog, Heinous, and let her play in the briars, she hates briars!

[​IMG]

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]

2. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Dave,
    Great looking pup, and a nice picture too. Not sure about that name tho, hope she does not live up to it [​IMG]

Our gundogs, Winchester and Remington, plain do not like guns. Hope your little rascal does better.

Dave King shooting a factory rifle, hmmmm.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Made it back, gusty winds and rain up there in WV. Heinous and I had a good time anyway, shot the 300 WM a bit to get a zero. Took a few rounds to clean the cleaning out of the barrel (foulers). I didn't have a stock pack on the rifle and the scope heighth is a little awkward but???

Here's the three targets I shot, 100 yards, 10 to 15mph winds from 9 o'clock, temp mid 40's. I used some factory Black Hills match 190's, 10 rounds.

The trigger has been lightened, the stock screws set to 65 inch/lbs, got some Badger bases and rings and a Horus Vision scope. Stick a Harris bipod on it and shot prone using a "sand sock" as a rear rest.

Bore sight and three (3) shot group.

[​IMG]

Second three (3) shot group, moved the scope a little.

[​IMG]

Third three (3) shot group, moved the windage .25 MOA left and figure it's good enough zero for a three (3) day hog hunt next week down in Savannah, GA.

[​IMG]

Hereeee piggy piggy piggy.....

P. S. Didn't get to shoot the 22RF match targets... toooo windy and a little wet.

[ 03-14-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]