Teslong Borescope

I like mine as well. Pretty good resolution and a heckuva deal at $49.99 on Amazon...
BC3422A8-DF98-4A68-AB56-749C006F56AF.jpeg

One of my best investments. Even if they somehow end up not holding up long term, I would probably value it enough to spring for a new one every year if I had to. Several people who have seen me use mine have bought them for other purposes. Machinists and mechanics can use them for lots of other purposes.
it is an eye opener for bore cleaning and the clarity for $50 is amazing. I thought enough of it I bought several for Christmas gifts.

I have seen many threads and hundreds of posts. Never seen one where the user was unhappy with his. I have Lyman and Hawkeye, both cost way more, I like my 50 buck Teslong better. Higher resolution, much easier to take pictures with and very portable, Easy to take to a gun show or shop to inspect bore on used guns.

I bought both versions. The Bluetooth was sold out when I ordered my first one. I think the usb version has a little better picture clarity and you don't have to worry about the battery being dead when you go to use it, but you do have to have a laptop handy to use it. I use the Bluetooth with my iPad mostly but works great at the range with my iphone.

I bought both versions. The Bluetooth was sold out when I ordered my first one. I think the usb version has a little better picture clarity and you don't have to worry about the battery being dead when you go to use it, but you do have to have a laptop handy to use it. I use the Bluetooth with my iPad mostly but works great at the range with my iphone.

My USB version works fine with my phone but mine is an Android. It also works with a tablet, Laptop of PC. I found the resolution enough better that I gave the Bluetooth version to a friend, though the wireless connection is kind of handy.

I also bought a cleaning rod rack (needed one anyway) and store my Teslongs hanging in the rack so they stay straight with less stress on the fiber optics and connections. Biggest issue I read about with them was storing them too tightly coiled and breaking the fiber optics. It was an issue with one version's storage/shipping case, which the company stood behind and warrantied.

The only problem with the Teslong is that I see more now than I ever did so I have to learn to interpret the results. But seeing more is the whole point, isn't it? This is one of those breakthrough devices - in this case, it moves the ability to inspect bores and chambers from professional gunsmiths (who could justify buying very expensive bore scopes) to general users, and that's a good thing, we just need to learn to correctly interpret what we're now seeing. This forum has been very helpful for that.

As above, it will either be very informative, or a nervous wreck ! Use it and learn about the condition of your barrels....but honestly, it will open your eyes to the barrels cleanliness and condition...plus, if there's any shooters you don't like, let em use it.....rsbhunter

Anyone have any experience with these? Good or bad?
I have the USB version and the newer WiFi version. They are both great but the newer WiFi version and the app that you use with it was easier to use for me. I really like that they are long enough to go the entire barrel length too. The view is crystal clear. Do I need a borescope? Didn't think so until I got one. Easy to justify too at the price. Stiff enough to have complete control but need to be careful coiling up to put away. I like the hanging up idea that Revolting Peasant uses to store it. Would be more in the ready too and may get used even more.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.