Terminus actions

MDT makes a 4.05" AICS style box Mag for 338 Lapua but I'm not aware of any bottom metal that accepts it. Would be an awesome combo with the Kratos X. Any plans to offer a bottom metal for this magazine?

I built my 338 Terminator on what is now the Kratos. I would encourage you to build on the Kratos X if you really need 4.0" like you do with a Lapua or improved. Mine feeds great from the mag box but they are bottom feed. For what the rifle is used for I think it is the best option. If I were building a cartridge that did not need over 3.825" I would stick with a smaller box and have the option to top feed. In case of the later I would go with the Kratos lite. I have cycled almost every action made(new ones popping up daily it seems). You will not find one that cycles nicer than the Terminus actions do.
TUwgBTql.jpg

C0fNvill.jpg

I built my 338 Terminator on what is now the Kratos. I would encourage you to build on the Kratos X if you really need 4.0" like you do with a Lapua or improved. Mine feeds great from the mag box but they are bottom feed. For what the rifle is used for I think it is the best option. If I were building a cartridge that did not need over 3.825" I would stick with a smaller box and have the option to top feed. In case of the later I would go with the Kratos lite. I have cycled almost every action made(new ones popping up daily it seems). You will not find one that cycles nicer than the Terminus actions do.
TUwgBTql.jpg

C0fNvill.jpg

what inlet did you get from gunwerks. I'm wanting to Put a Kratos lite into a gunwerks magnus but was told by gunwerks they don't have a specific inlet for the Kratos, and I'm pretty sure the ejection port needs to be a bit longer then the standard rem 700 inlets?

Ejection port on the Kratos is .200" longer than the 700. I moved it forward .100" and rear ward .100". The bolt handle is straight. Those are the only differences.

what inlet did you get from gunwerks. I'm wanting to Put a Kratos lite into a gunwerks magnus but was told by gunwerks they don't have a specific inlet for the Kratos, and I'm pretty sure the ejection port needs to be a bit longer then the standard rem 700 inlets?
Mine is inlet for a "Curtis Helix". Unless Joel has changed something since I got mine it is the same exact inlet. Joel can chime in again.

My Kratos is a standard long action 700 inlet with two small changes. The ejection port has been lengthened .100" forward and a .100" rearward, and the bolt handle is straight.
The Apollo is a standard short action 700 inlet with the same changes. Both of these receivers will drop into their respective 700 inlets without modifications, but the modifications make them a perfect fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.