Templaque placement input

Anyone feel free to correct me if I error, but it seems two things and only two things alone matter in annealing
#1- Tempriture
#2-Time
So could some one tell me with a high degree of certainty what temp does annealing take place and how long need I subject my brass to that temp to properly anneal it

I guess I'm the dumb guy who uses 750* Tempilac on the inside of the neck. I count and see how long it takes to "melt" the Tempilac with five or so cases. Then I just count the same with each case, trying to have the flame on the same area of the shoulder/neck.
Like someone said, you'll get different techniques with different people.
For instance I have very good results with my method. Never getting split necks and very good SD.
And I would never heat my necks to 950*. But its obvious some do and they have good results. Annealing necks 950* I fear with my technique, I would anneal the body and case head to a softness that I don't feel comfortable with.

How would you know this, using a torch, without measuring it?
750deg paste will burn whether applying 750deg or 2500deg.
Good point Mike, I guess I should say I wouldn't use 950* as my target temp. Like using 950* Tempilac. Watching the Tempilac it doesn't just melt instantly it becomes discolored as the heat comes up then "melts" @ 750*. I stop heating at that instance and it works for me.

I do know if I continue to heat past that point, I can ruin a piece of brass very quickly.

Just exactly how do you "ruin a piece of brass very quickly" (or slowly, for that matter).
1-The neck becomes so soft that I can squeeze it with my two fingers.
2- The Body just below the shoulder is too soft for my liking.

If you looking to engage a debate on the subject, you're waisting your time. I stated a few post back, how I do MY brass. I really don't give squat how you do yours. I'm just offering the OP what works for me.

Point proven. IMO, annealing is the most misunderstood process in the reloading realm. You can find 10 different guys each with their own methodology, each substantially differing from each other and every one of those guys will say that their method is correct. Maybe they are, likely they aren't. All you have to do is figure out which one to believe...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.