Tell me everything you know about the 300 win mag

Tell me everything you know about the 300 win mag… I MEAN EVERY THING.. im looking to shoot it to the max range....
thanks......

Most of us here have experience in the .300 Win Mag ... I have a couple myself. Most guys here are always willing and able to share their experiences, however, asking for everything in a single thread is a tall order.

I suggest start with your rifle set up, i.e. action, barrel (length, twist), load developed, what is your specific range or quarry, etc ...

Be specific and ask incremental information that is more manageable to most and you will get a tailored/more information the is applicable (or close) to your query.

Good luck, cheers!

Ed

Tell me everything you know about the 300 win mag…
I MEAN EVERY THING..
im looking to shoot it to the max range....
thanks......
Loaded properly and hitting the right spot you can kill anything on the continent with it out to about 800yds other than perhaps big grizz and polar bears.

It's one of the most proven long range hunting and tactical LR rounds of the last half century.

It is also know for extreme accuracy with the right rifle/load combo and it's not generally thought of as finicky about what you feed it.

I just purchased a Remington 700 5R rifle in 300WM with vortex pst optics earlier this spring, to this day I have maybe 40 rounds through the tube. So far I like it. I have not done any modifications to it and the furthest I have shot was 450 yards on a milk jug. I'm using Remington 180 gr. Core lokts for now but have some reloads ill be trying next, Sierra 180 gr spitzer with 71 gr of Reloader 22. My plan is try it out this fall deer hunting maybe.

EVERYTHING ?

well, I have several, i like 'em, worked up loads for each (all are a little different) will kill anything I want to shoot at. I don't know what your "max" range is, but the 300WM should do a good job if YOU do.

I have limited experience with it. I have a Sendero which I've used once out to 450 yds. After considering many cartridges I decided to build a fully custom in that caliber. The only negative comment I have ever seen on this cartridge is the belt. Some say the belt caused the brass to wear out faster. Others say once you fire form it to your chamber it's a non issue. It seemed to be a great overall cartridge with a huge selection of bullets, brass, load data, and good match grade factory loaded ammo.

Gordon

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.