Target practice

Leon

Hi All, my question is this what do you shoot at for practice at say 4>500 yards? I have heard people using gongs and all sorts what do you recommend?

Cheers in advance
Leon

I prefer prairie dogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifBe warned though they are very addicting.I've spent thousands ridding the prairie of these little devils,they keep makeing more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mach V is correct the p'dogs would be fun I don't have them in my area we use 12oz cans filled with water.Started with galon jugs then half galon jugs now 12oz cans hits are consistent unless there is erratic wind!

I prefer a gong or large metal "iron maiden". I don't need to worry about the round skipping off to bounce around the countryside as the gong pretty much makes them powder.

Abrasion resistant steel is good, 3/8th inch AR500 (about 500 Brinnel) can still be holed by a fast moving bullet.

You know when the boss says "OK guys, lets give it 110%." Well, that is what that extra 10% looks like.

Glad you liked it.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.