Target hybrid for hunting. Yes

I was curious how it would effect performance as well, however (my guess as well as a few other individuals) the empty cavity behind the hollow point seems to make them perform properly, I think the copper nose crushes in and then essentially the bullet begins to act like a standard exposed lead tipped spire point bullet, mushrooming/fragmenting as it goes through.
Next year I think I will give them a go 190 lrht or the 220 lrht to see. I have both bullets

They seem to function almost perfect. That is great info on these bullets. I know them being tipped was somewhat of a concern.
so far as for me they are perfect. I have a 300 wm that I am shooting them out of and numerous animals taken out to 600. Shooting them at 3,078 fps average and they absolutely drop them. On deer size to me they are way over kill. Hog's they drop them and tear them up. Have not taken elk yet but I will take it as a backup to my 300 RUM. Until I run out of the 215's I'm using them. But I have 1,000 of the 208's sitting and waiting. I wouldn't hesitate to use them on an elk for me.

I was curious how it would effect performance as well, however (my guess as well as a few other individuals) the empty cavity behind the hollow point seems to make them perform properly, I think the copper nose crushes in and then essentially the bullet begins to act like a standard exposed lead tipped spire point bullet, mushrooming/fragmenting as it goes through.
I would not have wanted to gut that deer fyi.

Your thoughts and experiences match my own as well as many others I know. It's become a large enough sample size that I'm convinced. And my confidence is sky high.