taking the zerostop of a swaro 3-18

varmint72

I want more yardage out of my scope can I grind the plastic stop off and have more than one revolution.will it damage the scope in any way?

This^.

Removing the stop could affect your warranty. I would instead remove the the plastic ring that engages with the stop. The knob would be able to rotate the entire elevation range, and there would be no zero stop. I would save the ring to restore the zero stop if needed. The long term effects of recoil on the BT knob with this ring removed are unknown. Do this mod at your own risk.

Disassembling the BT knob takes some care. You have to pinch the fingers on the top of the spindle to remove the inner cap. You can break the top of the spindle if you squeeze the fingers too far. Using a sharp tool can damage the spindle as well. If you are not very mechanically inclined, don't try it. I made a tool to pinch the spindle fingers just enough to free the inner cap. Basically, smooth jaw needle nose pliers with a stop.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.