tac arrows/ scope rail

mountain cur

first are there any other arrows that will work in the tac, second is the scope rail built into the receiver or can you just remove the rail, found that mine is setting 1/16 inch off which makes it where you cany set the scope. when it shoots it shoots good but if i cant get this figered out this thing is going down the road.

mountain cur,

If your rail is off to the right (looking through the scope) it can be corrected.

I had the same problem when I first got my TAC 15. The bow was assembled and had dust on it from sitting a log time. I think someone had dropped it and moved the rail. I used three pieces of .005' thick brass shim stock between the Optimizer base and the rail on the left side of the rail. You can see the bright shinny brass folded over the rail in the center of the photo below. If you need shim stock, PM me your mailing address.

LRHINFO1042.JPG

The second photo is looking down the barrel (through the drop-away rest) at the end of the rail and the end of the Optimizer base just under the scope to give you an idea of how far mine was off. You can see the Optimizer base and the rail aren't close. Like you, I was really frustrated; but don't give up, it can be made to work!

LRHINFO1043.JPG

I'm sure you know to count the total clicks on your scope both vertical and horizontal, divide that total in half to center your cross hair.

I alos had to use Burris Signature ZEE rings and a ***-ALIGN insert kit to get mine zeroed.

Let us know how you do.

Dorge at Firenock makes the best arrow for the TAC bows, not cheap, but the best!

Regards,

Buzzard Bait

mine is off 1/16 inch to the right, the bow is new been haveing problems from the start run out of adjustment which causes the scope not to hold the poi. ps has never been dropped.

Hi mountain cur,
The Burris Rings that Buzzard Bait mentioned are the best permanent fix for the problem your having. These rings are sold in two different offset amounts depending upon how much movement you need.

Also, Weaver is now also making a set of rings that have horizontal adjustability. They are Weaver Top Mount Windage Adjustable Rings and are available in Low, Medium and High. They're good and I use them on one of my rifles, but if I were doing my crossbow, I'd be using the Burris Signature Zee Rings. They are exceptional at correcting the type of problem that you're having.

Many shooters that Buzzard Bait (Russ) and I speak to also lose vertical adjustment at 20 yards after installing an HHA Optimizer Speed Dial. The same rings allow them to re-center their elevation adjustment knobs and use the rings to align their scope properly.

As Russ stated, once you got it, you got for good, so be patient.

Regards,

Jon Henry

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.