fletching tac arrows

Hi rc40099,
Sure, what type of fletching jig are you planning on using?

Some of the other forum members at this site have some excellent u-tube video's available.

Once I know what tools you are planning on using, I can instruct you or direct you to the best sources for the right information.

Tell me about the fletching jig, vanes and glue type. Are you doing vane repair / replacement or fletching new shafts from scratch?

Regards,

Jon

I have had my 15i about 2wks. I do not have any equipment. I need information on what to buy and where.

Last edited:
Please read the following article and then I will give you the contact information for Firenock.

Aerovane Jig – Precision Worth the $$$ | Bowhunting.Net

If you should decide that you don't want to spend the money on the Aerovane Jig, below is another link on this forum to a series of threads that you should read thoroughly, since it provides more details about your new TAC15i than you can find anywhere else, including from the manufacture. By reading and retaining this material you will have detailed specifications that are critical to your accuracy.
Go to the last three or four pages of this topic and read very carefully. The first two pages are also worth reviewing.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f108/tac-15-15i-basic-unpublished-information-68785/

Let me know if you have any further questions?

If you need step by step instructions on how to set up or use your fletching equipment once you obtain it, either myself o Super 91 can provide you with this information.

Regards,

Jon

Can someone explain how to fletch tac arroows

Here is a video I did specially for the tac arrow fletching on Youtube.com

[ame=http://youtu.be/2Cc9qAzzRx4]YouTube - Firenock Aerovane Jig on Tac15 4 fletch[/ame]

Hi RC40099,
Apparently you've just gotten the attention of Dorge Huang. Dorge is the owner of the Firenock Company that produces the best nocks, vanes and fletching jigs that have been refined to deliver the accuracy most of us are looking for from our TAC15's.

He is the inventor of the Aerovane Jig that you were just reading about.

Jon

I have had my 15i about 2wks. I do not have any equipment. I need information on what to buy and where.
I would purchase a string and cable replacement kit from PSE. I have already had to use one kit due to a factory string's thread wrap deciding to prematurely come un-done. Keep in mind, you ain't going to find these strings and cables at your remote backwoods hunting hut.

Being it is easy to loose the handy-dandy crank while traipsing through the woods in the dark, you might want to buy a spare. Also comes in hand if you just happen, mind you, to drop it from you all situated cozy tree stand, about the time deer show-up. Granted, you can piece an emergency crank together via square socket and ratchet.

Good day fellow TAC'rs. I am in the process of re fletching some of my arrows. I am doing sets of three at a time. Using the same 60-120 4 fletch pattern. Trying different types of vanes and placement though. I also want to include collars. To help reduce the chance of robin hooding these arrows, and to prevent the nock from being forced into the arrow. I also want to install adapter rings. So I can shoot different broad-heads. I feel that is important to use the rings to make the transition from the B/H to the insert as smooth and flush as possible.

This is where I need some help. I do not know which size collars or rings to use.

Any help with this info would be much appreciated.

The collar is carbon express cxl 250. FYI. For those who prefer 4 fletch. I now offer the 7 index system for the Aerovane jig.

Hello Dorge,

Thank you for that info on the collars. You wouldn't happen to know what size broad head adapters I would need? As for the fletching. I already own three of the Grayling jigs. I used them to do all the arrows for my other crossbows in three fletch patterns. I guess I should consider the Aerovane jig. i am very interested in your new Aerobolts that you make for the TAC 15. I gather from what I have read that I can order them from you built and fletched 4 vane 60-120 and ready to shoot. Would these come with a standard "D" nock or an illuminated "D" nock?

Thank you Dorge, and all the other experts here. Your vast knowledge and willingness to help is awesome.

Cheers.

whoopass800; said:
I have read that I can order them from you built and fletched 4 vane 60-120 and ready to shoot. Would these come with a standard "D" nock or an illuminated "D" nock?

Thank you Dorge, and all the other experts here. Your vast knowledge and willingness to help is awesome.

Cheers.

The Aerobolt comes with no nock. And standard Aerobolt comes with 3 vanes. If you need 4 vanes you can call me and custom order. It is no money difference per 3 compare to our standard price and there is no pods. As it only holds arrows with 3 vanes. As for Nocks you can order it when you call with or without the light.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts