T3x CTR. 260

NavyDiver

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to all the posters on this forum for all the information you have provided me with over the last year.
It is a testament to the site that in over 12 months I have been able to answer all questions that came up with regards to my build without once needing to post.
This is the end result; a left handed Tikka T3x CTR in .260 Rem with adjustable stock, Bushnell LRHS 3-12, XTR Signature rings, Harris S LM 9-13 and a Wildcat Predator 12 baffle suppressor.
Should be getting out for a zero and practice session later in the week.
Thanks is once again for all your help, I look forward to learning a lot more from this place in the near future!

20170717_184444.jpg

Nice rig, I love my t3x ctr 260. Where did you find the adjustable x ctr stock, or did you modify yours?
It's a factory option, in Europe at least. What have you been using ammo wise? I've got a load of Barnes VorTX 120gr TTSX factory to tide me over until I get the loading gear sorted. I'm only going to be using it at standard hunting ranges initially so it's not the end of the world if I dont get sub MOA from it.

I've been shooting 123 gr Lapua Scenars, they shoot great with H4350, or Superformance @2850 fps with the 20" barrel. Hunting bullets I've tried are 120 TTSX, 127 LRX, and they both shot sub moa but not quite as accurate as the Scenars.

It's a factory option, in Europe at least. What have you been using ammo wise? I've got a load of Barnes VorTX 120gr TTSX factory to tide me over until I get the loading gear sorted. I'm only going to be using it at standard hunting ranges initially so it's not the end of the world if I dont get sub MOA from it.
If you're going to shoot factory ammo give Prime a try. I run it in both of my .260 bolt guns and have found it to be ridiculously accurate, consistent, and reasonably priced.

Best factory ammo I've come across in forty years of buying it.

Nice looking rig, I hope it proves to be a shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.