Tikka t3x ctr 6.5 creed?

338savage

Anyone have or shot the tikka ctr thinking of one for my first 6.5 creed also thinking about the new savage tactical

Love my ctr. Shoots under 3/4moa easily with handloads. My hunting load with 140 accubonds is right 1/2moa at 100yd. Same for my 140 smk load. Still need to load up some elds and the lapua scenars. The trigger is 2lb with no mods. Very crisp. Bolt is very smooth.

I am Headed the Same route Tikka CTR 24 in barrel 6.5 CM with a SWFA 3x15-42 scope low rings and loading 143 eld x and 142 accubonds

Hoping it is a good combo by the way SFA has that scopes on sale for 499.95 till the 31st

Will be using for Elk, Mule Deer, and Whitetail in Utah and Nebraska

Buddy of mine bought one a few months back and had me mount his scope and get drop data for it (Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X). First 3 rounds made a little hole- made scope adjustment, second 3 rounds made another little hole. Input the box velocity into Ballistic AE and made two headshots on a steel silhouette @ 500, swung over to the 800 and put 3 into .5 moa basically dead center...easiest rifle/load I've ever messed with getting data!

Plus one on the thumbs up for both rigs, have a 24" ctr on a McMillan a3, and the grs savage both are .5 moa with the eld's & h-4350 for me, highly recommend both as solid "factory" shooters for a reasonable investment

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.