Tikka CTR 260

2guns

Was at my local gun store today and they still had my 260 CTR I traded in about 6 months ago. Couldn't resist and got it back at a good price. I'm a little curious of the 20 inch barrel and effective range bench and hunting. I only shot match bullets 140 grain smk using h414 until the eld match and eld X came out. H414 would group like shotgun with the eld. I know h4831sc is a slow powder but it gave me average of .3 to .5 groups at a 100 and sub moa at 500 yards. I'm no wanna be sniper by any means but like a good ethical long shot across bean fields if offered. I'm going to hunt in some bear areas this fall and I am curious if the 130 grain Nosler Accubonds I loaded today would take a good 300-350 lb black bear if one was to happen by. I wish I had chrono graphed the eld before but was just developing groups for it. From what research I've done the eld X takes a good amount of speed to expand as it should. IMR and H4350 done pretty decent with the eld but h4831 was the best groups I could get. I'm hoping to get out to 800 yards on steel at the bench but not sure if slower powders and 20 inch barrel will be a handicap or not. According to Hornady with my powder charge it would be around 2700fps in a 24 inch barrel.

I'm using a healthy dose of Varget, Lapua Brass and magnum primers and pushing the 140's 2765 fps outta my 20" CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor.I shot this cold bore last saterday...

Attachments

• tikka500.jpg
    tikka500.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 124
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.