Switch lug .300 WSM and...?

UPDATE WTO/Defiance/Allterra stock

I went with a .284 win bartlein 2B, .22-250 and a .30-284 carbon six featherweight.

Did a quick bunch of .22-250 that went under an inch off hand against a tree.

Shooting a few random loads in the .284 without running up a seating or powder test.
131 HH and some 160 Sierra Game King because I had some to "waste" and get some once fired brass to neck up to .30-284.
tempImageVu1KGt.png

I have ordered a mag bolt so will do the 300wsm next year or so if I need more HP.

Last edited:
What's your take on those carbon six featherweight?

I'll be interested to see how often you swap barrels. My forays were a 223, 243, 300wsm and a quad rimfire. After initial excitement they went years and got dusty enough to go down the road.

I love the idea of a switch barrel, with one action stock scope and trigger... but couldn't pull it off. Still dream of the ultimate do it all trifecta all up in a pelican...

I love the tower and size of the featherweight but would be a little slim for a dedicated can. Either proof is larger at the muzzle than this. I'm in NY so will never see the day of a suppressor 🤬

For those of you using the WTO Switch Lug, what is your return to zero like taking the same barrel on and off? I'm looking into using one on a Defiance XM. 300PRC, 6.5CM & 6 GT. Probably making spacer kits for the CM & GT.